What is a pilot bag?

JennE

Apr 10, 2008
Ohio
A pilot bag is a bag that they make in limited quantities and ship to select stores to see how well it will sell...sort of like a prototype and market research

sorry...I don't really speak marketing language so I hope this helps!

guesswholala

Lassoing In Bags!
Sep 19, 2008
Shopping
You would have to find one of the major department stores that carry Coach and get the pilot bags in when the new floorset comes out. Not all of them do.

CCfor C

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
This bag is supposedly a "pilot" bag. I'm not sure how you're supposed to tell, but I bought this recently. I also saw one in amethyst before I got this one that for some insane reason didn't buy. I picked this one up as soon as I saw it at the outlet. Someone mentioned on tpf it was a pilot bag. I love it!

Attachments

jayde123

Get Yer Ya Ya's Out!
Nov 8, 2008
MN
CCforC, I think your bag has the purple lining while the non-pilot bags have the legacy stripe lining. Not 100% sure on that, but I believe that's one difference.

addictofcoach

My new shimmery girl
Jan 25, 2009
La La Land
The one I purchased was a Large Leather Sabrina in expresso...I just got her today in fact...soooo beautiful...and a steal @ $189
The only difference, brown interior instead of magenta...and the P after the style number...

CCfor C

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Hmmm.interesting: jayde, are you saying the legacy stripe lining would be the pilot bag? Mine does have the purple lining and no p.

Actually, I don't even remember seeing this bag on the website when all the other Legacy was there..not that that means anything! :smile: