What is a pilot bag?

A pilot bag is a bag that they make in limited quantities and ship to select stores to see how well it will sell...sort of like a prototype and market research

sorry...I don't really speak marketing language so I hope this helps!

This bag is supposedly a "pilot" bag. I'm not sure how you're supposed to tell, but I bought this recently. I also saw one in amethyst before I got this one that for some insane reason didn't buy. I picked this one up as soon as I saw it at the outlet. Someone mentioned on tpf it was a pilot bag. I love it!

Attachments

• Legacy crossbody 2.jpg
    Legacy crossbody 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 409
  • Legacy brown crossbody.jpg
    Legacy brown crossbody.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 252
CCforC, I think your bag has the purple lining while the non-pilot bags have the legacy stripe lining. Not 100% sure on that, but I believe that's one difference.

The one I purchased was a Large Leather Sabrina in expresso...I just got her today in fact...soooo beautiful...and a steal @ $189
The only difference, brown interior instead of magenta...and the P after the style number...

Hmmm.interesting: jayde, are you saying the legacy stripe lining would be the pilot bag? Mine does have the purple lining and no p.

Actually, I don't even remember seeing this bag on the website when all the other Legacy was there..not that that means anything! :smile: