What is a mirkin and how can I get one?

Hello everybody!

Today I was browsing tpbs hermès section ever so innocently when I stumbled over this post...and since then, I'm totally hooked about that so-called "mirkin". (I really love all my hermes bags...but I want to get one for my hubby ^^) Does anyone in here have any experiences with that bag? (And if yes...do you have any pics?) Is it still made? And if yes, how can I get one?
:yahoo:

180px-Merkinlight.jpg

:heart:

^ No E, but they do sound the same. Fun to be in the store and hear someone ask for a Mirkin. I think someone even posted a 'reference' pic of a Merkin here in an earlier thread.
See I was typing away and 'up it pops'. LOL

xD oh no. no. I just can't stop laughing right now...that's like...the most emarassing thing that happened to me since...well...uhm...maybe yesterday, because I'm very clumsy and do a lot of stuff like that... but I hope you all know that I was referring to a man-birkin and not a wig for pubic hair. (Second is just not my style...):sweatdrop:

so basically it's just a 40 cm birkin?

Last edited:
TBH I think it's rather useless to give something a different name when it's in fact the same thing. A sac Birkin is in fact a sac birkin no matter if it's worn by a guy or a woman. I*m sure it's not the case for the OP, but having to call it something else just so it's "ok" for a guy to wear it simply shows insecurities no?

OP, the "mirkin" doesen't exsist it's either a HAC or a Birkin and there are lots of pictures of guys wearing them in certain threads. =) Let me see if we can dig some up for you! :tup:

Edit: Oh didn't see your post before I was done, but yes, it's simply a HAC or Birkin carried by a member of the male gender.

xD oh no. no. that's like...the most emarassing thing that happened to me since...well...uhm...maybe yesterday, because I'm very clumsy and do a lot of stuff like that but I hope you all know that I was referring to a man-birkin and not a wig for pubic hair. (Second is just not my style...):sweatdrop:

so basically it's just a 40 cm birkin?

:yes: :tup:

Liberté;7827021 said:
TBH I think it's rather useless to give something a different name when it's in fact the same thing. A sac Birkin is in fact a sac birkin no matter if it's worn by a guy or a woman. I*m sure it's not the case for the OP, but having to call it something else just so it's "ok" for a guy to wear it simply shows insecurities no?

OP, the "mirkin" doesen't exsist it's either a HAC or a Birkin and there are lots of pictures of guys wearing them in certain threads. =) Let me see if we can dig some up for you! :tup:

Edit: Oh didn't see your post before I was done, but yes, it's simply a HAC or Birkin carried by a member of the male gender.

oh well...it's not that I care if it's a womans bag or not...(believe me honey, my son wears ma edgier bags all the time and it just looks gorgeous!) I just thought that hermes made a birkin especially for men, with longer handles or something. :smile: