What is a great starter piece?

Hi Staceyjan,
I think most ladies share the same sentiment - purchasing your first starter piece will start you on a love affair with VCA.

My thoughts - my suggestions for your first starter piece will depend on your current budget. If your budget is on the higher end, I would go for pave earrings, or a pave pendant. I think the Alhambra Pave earclips in otherwise WG or YG would be a great first piece. If pave is not a consideration at this point in time, I would consider the vintage Alhambra earrings, or even the Magic size. The colour and gold will depend on your colouring. I would suggest work with a great SA that does not pressure you, and will allow you to try on pieces as often as you need. I am in the process of deciding on my next purchase and I have seen/emailed my SA a few times/week for the last three weeks and I still have not decided on anything. VCA is an expensive purchase which you hope will last a lifetime so it is not a decision that should be made lightly. Good luck!

Reactions: Phoenix123
I recommend you just try on a bunch of looks in your budget. Some may disappear on you because of the color of the metal or the design (that happened to me) but the one that really shines on you - get that one! I think you will know it when you see it. Whatever you get, you will want something matching soon thereafter. ;)

I recommend something in onyx. I started with the yg 10-motif necklace which I often pair with a yg 10-motif. I especially love how the rich deep black pops against the yellow gold, and I find it extremely versatile for both formal and casual attire. MOP is also versatile but to me it feels more like wearing pearls which I already have aplenty and which I feel is more formal, while onyx has the "cool factor". I've since added onyx alhambra earrings, a bracelet and, most recently, the magic long yg necklace.

I love the 5 motif bracelet. I think it is a lot for the $$. It makes a great statement and is so iconic. Plus you can attach it to necklaces if you do decide on more vca down the road.
A simple elegant pendant in your favorite stone is lovely too. Look through the threads that are sticked up top and enjoy the eye candy! :smile:

I vote for the W MOP magic pendant as well - my collection started with a magic pendant too, the carnelian. Its a versatile piece where you can wear it long or short!

Good luck!