What is a great Dior repair shop (US)

Jun 18, 2012
Does anyone know what repair and service company is an expert in Dior bags? I’d like to send in my bag to have the straps extended.

I have a Soft tote and the handles are too short. I’d like to get them lengthened by adding a few links. However, I’ve contacted both Leather Surgeons (who does work for Chanel) and Leather Pros and they each said they can’t lengthen the chain because they don’t have the parts.

I’d be willing to have the entire chain part replaced with new links and just keep the old links in case I ever want to sell it.

In any case, I’m desperate. I can’t wear the bag as it is because the strap drop length drives me crazy. TIA for your help.

Attached is a picture of the bag I own with the shorted chain and of the model I wish I had boughtB4CF7779-9E63-4F2D-BD4D-D750652D07E2.jpeg 68790AFD-4E83-4911-AF52-70F2E4C0EE8E.jpeg with the longer chain.

I wouldn't lengthen them if I were you. The links won't match and you may look like you have a fake bag even when you don't.
I would normally agree with you and caution others not to change the bag for the same reasons. People who know a bag know how it should look.

Unfortunately, however, the bag is unusable for me unless I lengthen the straps. So, I was hoping to find an authorized Dior repair shop who would have matching links (as Leather Surgeons who does repair for Chanel boutiques has Chanel parts).

I’ve been searching for the “perfect” black tote for a while now and haven’t found it. (Some at Chanel are close but, I’ve cooled greatly on Chanel and refuse to drop $4-5k on a bag that doesn’t have the quality of Dior or a very few other brands.) So, since this one is “perfect-ish” except for the straps, I was hoping to solve my problem with a modification.

I would normally agree with you and caution others not to change the bag for the same reasons. People who know a bag know how it should look.

Unfortunately, however, the bag is unusable for me unless I lengthen the straps. So, I was hoping to find an authorized Dior repair shop who would have matching links (as Leather Surgeons who does repair for Chanel boutiques has Chanel parts).

I’ve been searching for the “perfect” black tote for a while now and haven’t found it. (Some at Chanel are close but, I’ve cooled greatly on Chanel and refuse to drop $4-5k on a bag that doesn’t have the quality of Dior or a very few other brands.) So, since this one is “perfect-ish” except for the straps, I was hoping to solve my problem with a modification.
How about getting a Fendi StrapYou or a Dior Cannage sold-separately strap and clip it onto the lowest chain rivet? That way, no modification is required, and it is so trendy to do that now. I hardly use the straps that came with my bags now because I purchased a few sold-separately straps to mix things up a bit.