What is a good gift for a 15 year old girl?

I think you should go with a Coach bag. A quincinera is a hispanic sweet 16, but with heavy religious overtones that's basically supposed to signify a girl's transition into womanhood. I still remember mine (it'll have been 10 years ago this summer :yes: ) and most of my gifts were jewelry. I WISH I had gotten a purse! If the parents are doing it up traditionally it would be more appropriate to give "grown up" gifts like purses, fine jewelry, cosmetics, etc. Maybe one of Coach's leather bags? If you're talking about the Carlsbad outlet they have awesome deals on handbags... you can find a med to large bag for $100 - $200.

I would go with either one. Both are good for 15 year olds. But, if you go w/ the Coach, I would actually go w/ a trendier one. I mean, when else can you be super trendy then at 15??

Thanks again for all your great ideas. I'm thinking Coach may be the way to go. Marc by Marc Jacobs and Juicy may be too pricey for a girl we don't know that well. I think I can get a deal at the Coach outlet (either Cabazon or Camarillo). Also, if she wants to impress her friends they may not recognize a Juicy or Marc by Marc Jacobs because there are a lot of knock offs that look like them out there. But if I got her a cute little signature Coach then she could impress her friends. I don't know if she is that kind of girl but most teens are. I know they were like that (and still like that) at my old high school.
Her dad tells us to give money for her for college. But I think a purse will be more memorable than cash.

a coach wristlet. goes between, what, 40-100$ depending on style, perfect. toki might be too 'childish' to a child! if you know what i mean! i find that toki is only cool after a certain age. like, when people KNOW you aren't a kid anymore, then they are cool to carry. 15 yr olds now a day seem to want to seem grown up. a sig wristlet will fit between their age and their wanna be age!