What is a good carat weight for diamond studs?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think it depends on the size of your earlobes. I have tiny earlobes. A half carat barely fits on my ear. I have .48's on each side (.96 TCW) and it uses up my entire lobe and looks gigantic. So a lot about size depends on your anatomy.

Julide likes this.
  2. I have 3 ctw in a 3 prong martini with extra large screw backs. They're amazing, I steam clean them on Fridays and put them right back in. I have a lot of hair so thought I'd need bigger (and I did!) . But with studs you can go down a little in color and clarity, a good jeweler would recommend that actually.

3. do you mind sharing a pic and specs of your studs, I'm in the market to buy a pair but like you I have a lot of hair and am thinking 4+ carats. Thanks in advance:smile:

4. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406688104.915389.jpg here u go, i hope it attached! Sorry it's a little dark in our room. I love this size, great earlobe coverage and really comfortable in the martini setting

5. ^ they are stunning! Thanks so much for the pic :smile:

6. *bump*:flowers:

7. I have 0.50 carat per pair, bought them to commemorate 10 working years in the same company. I love that pair and wear them almost daily, even when traveling. I will be hitting my 20 years next year....need to get something else

8. I have a nice pair 2.30 total carat weight. I like them very much of course but one time I saw a picture of Julia Roberts with the tiniest diamond earrings in her ear and they looked simple and very elegant. Just a sparkle in her ear. Because of that I am very interested in purchasing a small pair as well

9. I posted mine in another thread. These are 0.03 ct each. I prefer the smaller look. 2015-02-11 12.09.41.jpeg

10. Oops. I meant 0.3

11. Here are all my studs, ranging from .33 down to .05 or .10 not able to remember which. I love alternating different shapes

Attached Files: