What is a good carat weight for diamond studs?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Thank you!:smile:

2. Thank you:smile:

3. Hi, Ladies
    If i choose I color, ideal cut for diamond studs, what is the lowest clarity could i go?
    In the mean time, is regular push back ok for diamond stud earrings?(1.3 ctw) the screw back just hurts!

4. Hmm I'm looking to upgrade this year, I have 1.00 ctw and would like 1.50 ctw.
    Any idea on how visible the difference is?

5. IMHO going up to 1.5 ctw is not going to wow you. I would save up and get 2 ctw. I think you will be happier in the long run.

6. perfect on you! congratulations and great choice.

7. Lovely!

8. I love my diamond studs and wear them all the time 24/7, I have 4cttw and have no problem sleeping with them. I used to have 1 cttw and those were perfectly lovely, the size is very nice and you'll be very happy with them I am sure.

9. I am thinking of getting some diamond studs lately also. Do you all feel like your studs go with "everything" - or do you change them out if you are wearing, say, yellow gold for a necklace??

I was thinking of getting a bezel set pair in 0.8 or so tcw.

i rarely wear earrings, when I do I wear my pearl studs. so I hope I would actually wear studs a lot.. Hmm. :smile:

10. I am considering cushion cut studs too and would like to know.

11. Hi ladies,
    I have a pair of 1.5ctw studs with jackets that I wear for nights out so I'm looking for a small everyday daytime pair - something under 1 ctw.
    Do you think there's a significant difference between .8 and .7 ctw? Or the 1 ctw and .8? I have a good idea of what the 1ctw looks like as a basis for comparison and wondering if the .8 is noticeably smaller or if I should go for the .7?
    Thanks in advance ladies!!!

12. i have studs that are 1ct total weight and think the .50 in each ear is the perfect every day size. mine are screw-backs and i wear them 24/7. this is the first pair of earrings i've ever been able to sleep in. i also have short hair, just a little below my ears so they aren't hard to see since i tuck my hair behind my ears a lot.

13. Mine are 1ctw and I love this size for everyday wear... They work perfectly for evenings out as well!

14. No, between a .7 and a .8 won't be a noticeable difference IMO. A .7 and a 1.0 will be noticeable.

15. OK, just ordered my diamond studs on bluenile. Can't wait for them to arrive!!