What inspires you to buy LV on Ebay...

SpoiledMom

Just doing my thing
Jul 29, 2008
as opposed to at an LV boutique? Is it because at first you didnt like it, now all of a sudden you DO and it's no longer available? Tell us about it!

For example, I wanted (and won) a Damier Speedy 30 and checked EBay to see if I could get a good deal on one.. Lo and behold, I found one at the "Pre Price increase price" and got an additional 10% off! To top it all off, the seller is a TPF member!! The planet and stars aligned PERFECTLY!! Now i'm waiting paitiently for the mailman (for my bag, that is!!) :yahoo:

I never bought on ebay but when I am ready to buy a Highbury I will. Because it is 1700+ at the boutique. I feel that is toooooo expensive for this bag. So I will go ebay.

I buy pieces that are Limited Edition or ones that are not available in the U.S. (the ones that can only be purchased in Hawaii or Japan) off of ebay. The ones that are permanent bags (that I can find in the U.S.) are the ones i buy from the boutique. I prefer to buy my bags at the store if I can.

a significantly good deal or a limited edition item i cannot get at my local LV will definitely prompt me to look at ebay. however, i take extreme caution as so much horror stories about fraudulent sellers out there.

I only buy off eBay if I have to. It must be in new condition...and even then I've bought a lemon or two. I'm tempted to stalk a Cherry Blossom Pap that way... but in the end I'm a brand new girl, so I buy on eLux to save $$$ on taxes :smile:

I did have two wonderful eBay experiences w/ tPF'ers though! We are definitely a ray of light in the dark world of eBay :smile: I was able to get my NEW Rosewood Amarante that way and am THRILLED!!!! Otherwise, I have pretty much sworn off eBay.

lower prices! I much prefer a pre-loved bag to a brand new one when the price difference can be close to $1000! Plus, I don't have to deal with the virgin vachetta...

I love looking for a bag that needs a new home! I know a lot of us purse loving gals take care of our items & not always use them as much as say, someone who just bought a purse b/c they have to have one to carry their wallet around in, kwim?

My boutique is 1.5 hours away. So, factoring in gas, my time, and additional purchases I will make while I'm in that area, factor into my decision. Also, I'm saving on tax by buying on eBay. I also purchase at eLux to save on tax if it is something new that I just must have at this moment. ;)

I haven't bought any LV handbags on ebay yet mainly because I like having a new bag. But I have bought a coin purse on ebay because the color was seasonal and the style wasn't available anymore (it is now in black). I would consider it if I could save more than $300...but since the "deals" don't really add up much when you're purchasing a bag over $1k, I rather go to the boutique and pick and choose from all they have in stock!