What inspires you to buy LV on Ebay...

I usually buy on ebay when the bag is sold out or LE. I have found some items that were discontinued in brand new condition. Ebay used to be a better place to buy and sell LV. It's getting tougher to find many LE items that I am looking for.:sad:

I don't like virgin vachetta. I prefer it after it's nicely patina'd and dark, but I just don't have the patience to break a bag in myself. Plus I rotate my bags often so it would take forever. I'd rather have bag that's been loved and broken in (but taken good care of) at a cheaper price than a new one. It's also a good place to find past season stuff.

If I wasn't so scared of being ripped-off on Ebay, I guess I would only buy a new bag there because of the price saving. I don't like 'used' though.

Yeah, I have to agree! Ebay has just not proven to me that their members are reliable enough! They should have a database system or something to work side by side LV and other big designers, to check datecodes etc. - That way we would be more trusting!

Furthermore, if I'm going to spend over £300 on something, I would rather spend that extra £50 to get a brand new, never been used and boxed LV!

Significantly lower prices. I've saved more than 50 percent on some of the bags I've bought...plus, it feels good knowing I can get most of my money back if I decide to sell. I've lost wayyyy more money selling stuff I bought from the boutique, whereas most of the bags I've bought second hand I've gotten most, if not all, of my money back!

Also, I'm getting to the point where I find the boutique experience overrated. Some of the SAs need serious attitude adjustments. :rolleyes:

I was never keen on buying off ebay but have recently discovered the joys! For me it's only worth it if it is something I would buy at full price, is in pretty much new condition, would save me money or is no longer available. I'm waiting for my LVoe bandeau that I just purchased! :biggrin: I have however narrowly missed out on two bags lately and that caused me much grief! :'(

:love: I got my White Watercolor Speedy from eBay.. This was at a point when there were NONE to be found. It was a good experience. The seller listed the bag at 15% above retail (I thought it was reasonable compared to another seller that wanted $700 more than the actual retail price) it was shipped in a timely fashion and we've lived happily ever after since then..

with a low price or something thats LE that I wasn´t able to get it on time, I´m waiting for my OP Art red handbag that I bought in new condition in ebay yes!!!!!

I just got my Mono Poche Toilette 26 off eBay because I was able to get it for a lot cheaper than what it is now at the store, and brand new! Otherwise, I go to the boutique since I'm just too paranoid. But if I see a real, great deal..then I'm not opposed to it.

I've bought from eBay a few times, with good results. In all cases, they were LE or discontinued bags that I'd missed out on when they were released. I tend to only buy on eBay if the bag is in new, unused condition. And of course I thoroughly authenticate any bag I'm considering. Cost is also a big factor, with all the recent price increases. Ebay definitely has some deals, but you have to be a cautious buyer.

I'm really cheap. I'm ok with spending $400 on ebay on a bag thats 5 years old as opposed to $800+ in the store because if for some reason I get mugged--I don't feel so stupid for spending the $$. The only way I'd spend $800+ on a new one is if I suddenly made $200k a year--otherwise, not practical in my financial cheapness mind.

I buy on ebay. I will search and search for a good deal and it does take a while to find that perfect one. But the brand new prices are rapidly increasing so I just can't see myself buying new when I can find a great deal somewhere else. It just takes some work.