What inspired you to buy a Louis Vuitton?

mymeimei02

O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
Hi fellow tPFers,
I just recently bought not just one but two Speedies 25...my twins. One in classic Monogram and the other chic Damier Ebene. What inspired me to get the Speedy 25 was this pic
A_HepburnLV.jpg

Audrey Hepburn with her Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 so classy. What's your inspiration?

Just my love of the bag itself...seeing people carrying them and how great and put together they looked...my hubby actually bought my first as a surprise gift and I have been hooked ever since!!

I have loved Louis Vuitton since I was younger! I always thought it was so iconic and so beautiful! Since I'm a real person now (my term for a working adult) I figured it was time to make the dream a reality :heart:

Nothing really inspired me. My mom has lots of them and had given me two. I love them. Long story short... I was having some medical problems and very stressed... had to have an MRI, CT Scan and Doppler all in the same day. When we were done, my DH took me to the Beachwood Mall to the LV inside Saks (only one around here). He said I was like a kid in a candy store. He ended up buying me the Damier Azur Hampstead, Violette Vernis Pochette and Violette Vernis Cles. I was hooked... now I'm an ADDICT!!!

I've heard of Lv my entire life but it never got my eye until my boyfriends stepmom got her first Louis I was oh I have to have one and now I am addicted!!LOL:graucho:

I have always thought they were lovely bags from the ads and seeing other people have them. When I could finally afford them it was time to make the move, especially since I was getting tired of Coach and how the bags always went on sale so fast too. I want bags that I can use for a long time and will still be in style.

Carrie

I don't know if you guys remember, but with the earlier (last year) lay-out (pink) from TPF there was this picture with two girls chatting with each other. It was in the left corner. I loved the look of the girl with the speedy-style bag, I thought that looked so girly and fashionable! I guess that encended my love for this bag. Then I fell in love with the LE speedy's and I could not resist buying a LV any longer...

Ofcourse all the chat here about the speedy also helped... :cloud9:

Does anyone have that pic BTW? Or know where I can see it? That would be nice :smile:

The truth is before I told myself I would never buy a LV bag. That is because there were 2304934038409384930438490 fakes out there. But whenever I went to the mall, I would see people carrying them around and I would think, OMG how cute and classy. So I told myself all that matters is that I know it's real! I obessesd for a while before I bought my first bag, a couple of days ago.

Last edited: