"what if"

My current bf was my "what if" too. When I first met him, all my friends were telling me to stay away from him because he gave off this "bad boy" vibes but I was crushing on him so bad that I didn't care. Man... was everyone mistaken! He turns out to be the most sincere perfect bf ever! :love: Sometimes life is just strange... :P

atn242 said:
hi everyone, so normally i wouldn't be so open about my personal problems, but i'm in such a rut that i figured i could count on you guys to maybe help me since you all have had more experiences with relationships. here's the deal:

I have been friends with this guy since junior high, and he is amazing. He is probably my best guy friend ever. I love him very much and he feels the same way about me. Although we have gotten pretty close to it, we were never actually bf and gf. Either it wasn't the right time, or things got in the way. I call him my "what if" guy, because I'm always wondering what it could have been if we ever got together. He is away right now, and I don't have any contact with him other than email and letters. (he's on a religious mission)

On the other hand, I have an incredible bf. We've been together for 4 years (i'm 19 now) and he is my first long term relationship. Although things are great with my bf, I am still thinking about my "what if" guy. On one hand, i feel that i'm still young and i should go for it so i won't have to live with any regrets, but on the other hand, why should i leave a perfectly good guy for something that might not work out? I've been torn for a while now...

So here's my question: have any of you had your own "what if" situations? if so, how did you deal with it, or are you still wondering what it could have been to this day...?:worried:

Your situation sounds way too familiar :blink:

In senior high I made friends with the most amazing guy. We shared interests like art and fashion. Always had the most fun together. We did all kinds of things...just as friends though...

But somehow we never dated each other... He is quite a ladies' man, but very sensitive when you get to know him. I think we respected our friendship too much to risk loosing it.... the vibes were there but either of us didn't want to test the friendship :suspiciou

We have our separate lives now, we still meet but he's in the army now. I do wonder quite often that 'what if' I would have had the courage to say how I feel about him :sad:

I totally feel for you!

Ive always wondered what my life would be like if I hadnt reformed my high-school rebellious ways....

Just the other day, I saw an old high-school friend of mine and she had like 4 kids with her and looked really down in the dumps...and I got to thinking about this...

i don't have to wonder anymore. i married my "what if" a few years ago. i think it's the best decision and smartest move i have ever made in my whole life. i'm 101% grateful for him......sorry to be mushy and everything ;) atn, good luck in your decision. hoping it'll work out for the best for you whatever choice you make

Yeah, I've got one- and I'm married, too. We were great friends, worked together, commuted together, etc. Whenever I was upset with my boyfriend (who is now my sweet hubby) he would always take my side and offer his support. He said all the right things, and we always had a "thing" for each other. But, he was too much of a gentleman to pursue anything while I had a bf, and well, I had a boyfriend! I'll never forget the look on his face when I told him I got engaged... Anyway, we lost touch for a while and ran into each other again a few years ago- he still made my heart race :smile: We emailed frequently for a while, and now we "talk" once a month or so. I've found he's not on my mind so much now that we don't email as often. I had real second thoughts about my DH for a while- coincidentally around the same time I ran into "Mr. what if". But, things have been really great and I'm going to hope things worked out the way they did for a reason. And, I know I would never get away with spending the money I do on bags with "Mr what if" ;)