What if seller doesn't sign for returned item?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Long story short I was sold a used bag described as BNWT. After several days of haggling with the seller, she finally agreed to a return ONLY after I opened a Paypal claim and it froze her account. I mailed the back back to her ASAP, via USPS Priority Mail and of course did signature confirmation to prove she received it for my records. I also sent her the tracking into as soon as I have it.

When she finally agreed to the return, she also asked me to cancel the dispute. Because I caught her in a few lies, I told her I would, as soon as my money was returned.

Anyway, USPS has attempted t deliver the bag to her and now it's sitting at her post office for a few days. I have written her to advise it's there and heard nothing. What should I do if she refuses to sign or pick it up?

2. I assume that you meant that you BOUGHT a bag...??

You should notify PP of the tracking info AND the fact that delivery has been attempted and package remains unclaimed.

3. I did buy a bag. It was listed as BNWT and showed up very used. The seller finally agreed to the return when I first opened the claim, but hasn't signed for or retrieved the package from the post office. She also is ignoring my e-mails. Can I still give PP the tracking info even though the claim hasn't been escalated?

4. first of all, escalate to a claim right away. ASAP. you should have escalated it already.

then call paypal and tell them the situation and give them the tracking info.

5. I just escalated. This seller has been a nightmare. At least confirm that you know it's at the post office and intend to retrieve it. It's been two days!