What if it Rains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cafebaby

I Love Louis
Jul 28, 2009
Is it safe to take the mono with the naked leather out in the rain? I thought I saw a posting that even the smallest amount of water will stain the leather. It rained here most of the morning, so I had to go out without my purse for fear that I would ruin the straps.

We all have to deal with the rain, don't let the weather rule your handbag use! The rain will not Ruin the vachetta leather, definitely spot it, but it will dry, although darker, somehow, the magic in the vachetta evens everything out with time. I always cover my bag any way I can when running from the car to wherever in the rain, I live near Seattle, so I am used to sticking my bag under my shirt if I have to!!

I never worry about the rain with my LV's because it will only be the handle that gets marked (if anything) and because my hand covers most of the handle even if it does get marked it will only be a little bit. My LV's are actually my 'wet weather bags'.

Get a damier ebene bag for when it rains. It's what I always turn to on a rainy day.

That is my solution. I hate water spots on my vache leather, it is ugly to me. I got so tired of protecting my bags with Vache that I just decided to make life easier and get a Damier ebene bag. I only carry my mono on sunny days.

Status
Not open for further replies.