What if CHANEL designed vehicles?

Smoothoprter

Mon for short
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Jinyoung Jo is a car designer at Hong-ik University in South Korea, and this is her creation: the Chanel Fiole concept. As with classic Coco Chanel work, the design of the car was centered on simplicity of lines and "the best of black and white." As with most concepts, there was also an emphasis on airflow. The car seats three, two abreast and one staggered in between -- but it's probably best considered a sleek two-seater for runway types.

Have a peek at the Fiole video, which is better than a few commercials we've seen for real cars, and get an in-depth view of it in the high-res gallery of photos below.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/27/cocos-ride-what-if-chanel-designed-automobiles/

Okay, I give up -- where are the driving lights, the door handles? The latter could be like a hot rod where a magnet does the trick but the lights? And if that's glass that serves as the hood scoop and is also part of the wind screen, I can see that having to be replaced often due to stone chips. Otherwise, it reminds me of a Lotus and could be a blast to drive depending on what lies under the hood. I would hate to think it's all show and no go -- look at those wheel covers or rims and low profile tires, all of which equates to ludicrous speed.

LOL Mon, thanks for posting!!! DF is a religious reader on the autoblog so when he saw this news there he immediately forwarded it to me!!! haha i thought DF and I would never come across for anything on autoblog guess i'm wrong:roflmfao:

Isnt this car too futuristic for the Classic Chanel brand no?? idk...thanks for sharing!!! on a side note, this reminds me of that cell phone designed by Chanel? did that ever make it to the retail market??:nuts:

Cool concept!

Isn't it? Also, I like the artist rendering of the car on the cat walk with Karl.

01_chanel_fiole_concept.jpg

Speed bump would kill this car in a nanosecond. This is strictly concept and not a very practical one at that. And BMW afficianados thought the bangle butt was gross (named after Mr. Bangle who designed for BMW for a few years), they'd have a field day with this.