What I have learned from tPF's The Beauty Bar

shakti29

Elaine
Apr 7, 2008
I have learned SO much by reading The Beauty Bar:

1. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is awesome and inexpensive

2. Creatives Stickey Base Coat and Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat make a home manicure super easy

3. Aspirin masks help prevent breakouts

4. OPI and Essie nail polish are da bomb

5. L'Oreal True Match foundation makes me look flawless (well, at least as flawless as I can be :smile:

6. Make-up can be FUN!

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the great threads and advice here!

Anything you have learned here??

I have learned that there are many other people as obsessed as me :roflmfao:

Me too! I love makeup and beauty products so much and it is nice to see other women who share the same passion for it.

I also never would have learned about the aspirin mask, baking soda exfoliator, MAC volcanic ash exfoliator, Lancome Oscillation mascara (my new fav), or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner!

Thanks to all the tpf members for enlightening me on the above products! :yes:

I like to think that I may have helped someone, and that means a lot to me because beauty products have a very immense power, and to help someone feel good about themselves in a small way like using a certain type of makeup or hair product...is awesome.

dude so much!

socal~~I love Aussie 3 minute conditioner!

Baking soda, MONISTAT!!! most amazing thing ever, MAC VAE, ways to use Fix+, tons of mac stuff

there's just so much i can't even list. the most important thing is I feel good about helping ladies be able to drink more water. they have definitely helped me as well!

omg EVERYThing!!!
I really cant believe it bc ive always been obsessed but now ....

the best hings ive learned off the top of my head...

*Swanky's recommendation for the sublime bronzing spray...love it!! would never have thought of buying it!!

*how to put in clip in hair extensions!!! OMG I am so happy!! never thought i could do that :cloud9:( that tip was from the girl with blonde hair, who has bunnies & is a psycology student)

*NEver thought i could depot but since hanging out at the beauty bar im doing it like crazy:weird: & i was able to get a whole bunch of freebies at MAC ( from the Back to MAC program)!!

* Found out about the Perfect 10 miracle leave in conditioner LOVE it :yahoo:

* Learned how to do my eye MU like Ive always dreamed of!!

Im sure there's more...you know Ill be back to post more!!

dior show, aspirin mask, queen helene's mint julep mask, epsom salts, magic shave, hydrogen peroxide, water club, still waiting to try monistat and baking soda...there's so much to learn here! thank you ladies!

This place has made me love eye makeup more and more. Before I would only just use one color. Now I usually use at least 3! (gotta use a base color, crease color and highlighter!)
~Eye shadow primer
~QHMJM
~Aspirin Mask
~Epsom Salt
~NYX Eye shadows
~Everyday Mineral Makeup :heart: (My all time fav. thing I've learned to love because of the beauty bar)