What I don't understand about Tokidoki

Status
Not open for further replies.
bubblesung - you're definitely on a whole other level (in a good way!) but you rock it hella good so keep doin what you do best! :biggrin:

frogbubbles and Lamb - i kinda want her to come back...i'm curious as to what she has to say as well...

"I think it looks so immature for a young woman to walk around with a cartoon character purse or tote."

To ask why we're into these bags is one thing, but to make a comment like that is just insulting! If you dont like it fine, but you dont have to criticize us. If you dont have anything nice to say, please dont say anthing at all.

You did took me the wrong way. I would see these young women carry them to their job and I've seen one take it to a job interview. I think the other two members made a good point. If you artistic or a mother, then sure, why not? The quality and durability is there. I just can't imagine using this bag in the corporate field or the legal field, unsless you are a children's lawyer and you are meeting your client (a child). I'm sure you would come across as more approachable.

I guess I am way over the cartoon characters for now, but not LeSportSac.

I think people took you the wrong way because you made such a general statement by saying "I think it looks so immature for a young woman to walk around with a cartoon character purse or tote." That statement is very different from saying that Tokidoki bags may not be appropriate for all occasions and situations. I agree that Tokidoki bags would not be appropriate for interviews or certain professional fields. However IMO carrying Tokidoki bag doesn't make a person more or less mature.

It's ok that you don't understand or don't like Tokidoki and cartoon characters in general, but it's not ok to be judgemental because of that.

I just can't imagine using this bag in the corporate field or the legal field, unsless you are a children's lawyer and you are meeting your client (a child). I'm sure you would come across as more approachable.

Uh.....huh.

I just can't imagine using this bag in the corporate field or the legal field, unsless you are a children's lawyer and you are meeting your client (a child).

I work for a large international company, and I take a Tokidoki bag to work every day, and everyone loves them - especially the guys, which I think is awesome! Our Creative Director, who is around 45, takes a particular interest in them and asked me where he could buy one for his wife. And I'm not a mother, and neither is my best friend (who happens to work in the legal field, and also takes a Tokidoki bag to work every day - along with a few of her co-workers).

Anyway, Purses, I do appreciate you coming here to lead by example and show us what true maturity entails:

Carrying bags I like - immature.

Judging people I don't know based solely on their choice of accessories - mature.

Got it, thanks for the lesson.

Starting to sound like back peddeling to me, LOL!!!!

Who cares who uses what? I've seen girls in middle school who carry real LV, some people are turned off by that. But I recently saw an older lady (60's) carrying a Toki bag at the post office, and it just looked so cute!!!

Got it, thanks for the lesson.
Consider me truly boggled.

I wonder if she goes into the LV subforum and says stuff like "Gee, it doesn't seem appropriate to take your LV briefcase to the homeless soup kitchen. Unless maybe if you were working as a volunteer for the homeless who used to be rich, then you'd seem more approachable."

Uh....huh.

:graucho:

You did took me the wrong way. I would see these young women carry them to their job and I've seen one take it to a job interview. I think the other two members made a good point. If you artistic or a mother, then sure, why not? The quality and durability is there. I just can't imagine using this bag in the corporate field or the legal field, unsless you are a children's lawyer and you are meeting your client (a child). I'm sure you would come across as more approachable.

Purses, is it safe for me to assume that you are neither artistic/creative or a mother? and that you are not a children's lawyer (i thought lawyers were all the same, the only difference being the clientele they represent)? I am also assuming from what you've said that you personally knew these girls who've allegedly carried their Tokidoki bags to work, that you knew WHERE they worked and WHAT they did? and the girl who went to the job interview, how did you know that? were you the interviewer? do you yourself actually work in the corporate or legal field?

because hooray for you, you're too much of a cool kid to carry something as spontaneous as tokidoki. i suppose it'd be better off for you if you stuck w/ your boring chanels, guccis, and LVs afterall. besides, what would your co-workers at work think if they caught you with a *gasp*...TOKIDOKI? :wtf:

In other sections of the board, & even before Tokidoki had it's own subforum, some people would openly say that they thought this design concept was "too young". Everyone has their own opinion, but I think people who say that, only say that because they're thinking about what other people will think of them if they carry it. Otherwise, why would a bag have an "age" associated w/it, that very idea doesn't make sense.

Hmm. I'm a 29 year old interior designer for a very high end design center and I happen to be addicted to the Tokidoki bags...and it helps that they are made by a quality brand like LeSportsac. I've gotten nothing but compliments from clients and other designers alike...aged up to 75.

To each their own, I suppose.

I can see how it is offensive for someone to come into a Forum where people obviously LOVE this brand and tell people it's immature. . .
probably not a good idea.
I'll close this as it's not really what we strive for in our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.