What Hermes Bag(s) Have You Passed On....

I have a policy. If I am not prepared to buy something i.e. low budget that instance, I will not torture myself by viewing. The box stayed shrinkwrapped for the next more deserving customer. By virtue of this, I spare myself from feeling any regret, passing on something gorgeous and then kicking myself later for not buying it.

Mrs. Sparkles, you are a genius. I'm going to adopt your philosophy!

Oh guys! I'm so sorry, I never meant to make a this thread as a "negative" one! Hugs hugs hugs to you guys for sharing. I just thought it'dbe interesting to see all our different tastes and what we pass on to what we ultimately grabbed and fell in love with. Although it is true that a part of my heart stays with alot of the bags I have passed on myself, in the end it ended up being for the best -for me-. And those bags went to people who love them more as I've never heard of an unloved or lonely Birkin/Kelly before! :biggrin:

So don't feel bad guys, here's a toast to all the ones we've loved before and let go and here's a toast to all our current and future loves. One day I plan to be so filthy stinking rich that I will bring home every Birkin and Kelly offered to me (winkwink) so until then...

PS I still sometimes wonder about the 35 Feu Chevre Kelly with PH.. Passed on it because I had just gotten a 32 Noir Fjord Kelly GH. I really wanted a GH Kelly. Now I realize GH or PH looking best all depends on the color. I vow to be more open minded next time!

And MrsSparkles is wiser than me. I don't have the disipline not to look at the bags offered to me! Just to witness their loveliness is a gift! :P

<sigh> Vert olive barenia 40 birkin w/ phw. I am kicking myself every single day for this one. :sad:

Add me to the vert olive barenia 40 XX, mine on offer had gold hardware. I thought for too long on that one. Such is life. It will come around again I am sure.

I had Black birkin 35 togo PHW returned - No regrets
offered Cafe birkin 40 Clemence birkin - No regrets
offered Raisin birkin 35 Clemence PHW - No regrets
offered Gold kelly 35 togo PHW - No regrets
offered Ebene birkin 35 togo PHW - No regrets
offered Gold Birkin 35 togo PHW - No regrets

All were offered whilst I was looking for my Black Birkin 35 GHW. So I am truly glad I waited for my black baby!!!! I would have made some pricey mistakes if I had rushed to just have one.

30 violine bird birkin...

It is the recession and I decided to be responsible. Also, I just bought something else. I know I will totally regret this but I know this is the right decision for me now. *sobs*

30 Thalassa Blue Epsom Birkin
35 Black Togo with PH Birkin
35 Raisin Togo with PH Birkin
All of these were beautiful, but I knew what I wanted and kept waiting. (although the Thalassa Blue had me arguing with myself)

It is the recession and I decided to be responsible. Also, I just bought something else. I know I will totally regret this but I know this is the right decision for me now. *sobs*

I passed on an identical bag (PHW)...at two different boutiques! No regrets, since I had just bought a Medor clutch, but if it had had GHW it would have been harder to pass up!

OMG! I totally feel your pain. And you made a very wise decision. As for me....I could not have done the same.

Oh tnw - I agree! Thalassa Blue 30 B sounds delicious.. :nuts:

30 Thalassa Blue Epsom Birkin
35 Black Togo with PH Birkin
35 Raisin Togo with PH Birkin
All of these were beautiful, but I knew what I wanted and kept waiting. (although the Thalassa Blue had me arguing with myself)