What have you sacrificed for Chanel?

cmontoya1989

Dec 3, 2012
Hello ladies :smile: and gents ;)

My fiancé and I were having a conversation about my Chanel track record and what I've had to do to reach my "Purse Goals". Since we all come from different backgrounds where buying a Chanel purse comes easier to some of us than others - I was curious to share what we've all had to do/sacrifice - if anything - to reach our Chanel dreams.

For me, my first Chanel bag was when I was a junior in college. I was very lucky to have an academic scholarship that covered my tuition so having other outside scholarships and bar tending really helped me save up for my bag. I recently purchased a classic flap (my dream!) this year after receiving a scholarship that offered me a generous stipend. However, in order for me to purchase and save up for the flap I had to spend three months eating the same breakfast, lunch, and dinner: breakfast included cereal, and lunch and dinner included one turkey and cheese sandwich with carrots on the side and water. I know that may sound over the top for a purse but I knew that I'd be able to save more than enough to cover the cost of my bag, take a vacation to Europe and have lots left over if I made that three month meager meal and no shopping sacrifice. In the end it all worked out and couldn't be more proud of myself for not shopping for 3 months lol!

erm.. nothing cos i don't believe in sacrificing for a bag neither do i save up $$ just to buy one.

i only buy when i am comfortable with what i have and it will be an addition to what i have. should one day i shall fall to hard times, i will not hesitate to sell my bags.

just my 2 cents, not trying to sound snobbish or anything but perhaps to me, bags are just bags. i only have a modest collection anyway :smile:

erm.. nothing cos i don't believe in sacrificing for a bag neither do i save up $$ just to buy one.

:smile:

Same here..if i cannot comfortably afford it, i don't buy it.. Simple as that

But bravo to the OP for having a goal and seeing it through.. As long as one is financially responsible in all areas of life, if saving up for a bag or anything else makes one happy, why not?

Think from a different perspective, you taught yourself a financial discipline lesson that will help you later on in life. The diet helped you lose weight or maintain your figure so you can look fabulous carrying your new flap. It's totally okay to save toward something that you really want. Bags and clothes were never that important to me when I was in school. I was too occupied with many other things at that time. Fast forward years later, I now don't have to save or sacrifice to get a new bag, but still not able to indulge my food, unless I want to gain weight (-:

I also don't sacrifice any necessities just to purchase a bag. If I can't afford to pay for it, I wouldn't buy it. Buying a bag doesn't mean I stop buying the same groceries, rationing meals, etc. It may mean that I buy less clothes and eat out less often. But nothing really changes.

karman said:
I also don't sacrifice any necessities just to purchase a bag. If I can't afford to pay for it, I wouldn't buy it. Buying a bag doesn't mean I stop buying the same groceries, rationing meals, etc. It may mean that I buy less clothes and eat out less often. But nothing really changes.

Yes I agree with this. Some people would really sacrifice what they shouldn't such as eating non healthy foods or some other type of unhealthy lifestyle changes to save up for material things. As we get older those bad decisions will catch up to us and good health is not replaceable.

I do understand that most people can't have luxury everything (bags, housing, car, etc) so you have to prioritize what luxuries to have. But necessities like healthy foods etc should never be compromised.

rather than eating out 5 days a week, i would eat out once a week.

Helps to save a ton not just for bags but as fun money in general. I'm always shocked at how much eating out really costs and it's not exactly healthy either!

I have definitely sacrificed hundreds of hours of SLEEP for Chanel! When I should've been asleep, I was doing "research" on leathers, designs, availability of a desired style or color, tPF reveals, opinions etc. LOL :P

i packed my lunch to work, eat out once a week, only buy sale clothes, once in a while i will buy full price clothes if i really love it, i also stack up coupons, buy groceries in bulk when it on sale, take advantage of cash back using my credit card

I have definitely sacrificed hundreds of hours of SLEEP for Chanel! When I should've been asleep, I was doing "research" on leathers, designs, availability of a desired style or color, tPF reveals, opinions etc. LOL :P

LOL! Definitely the same for me! TPF is as addictive as Chanel itself :lol: