What have I done :(

Aug 14, 2013
Hello everyone.

I put in an offer for a LV wallet on Bonanza. The wallet I believe is the old Sarah? date code is ca0051. I was so excited when I saw the price as LV wallets are crazy expensive in my opinion. I asked a fellow tpf member for advice on the quality of it and she said it was a no because of the cracks in the canvas and that they will probably not reglaze it due to the cracks. I'm a total newbie to LV so the wallet looked great besides the glazing in my eyes.

So I went to cancel my offer last night but when I looked at the Bonanza website the offer disappeared, so I figured that meant they declined. Fast forward to 5 minutes ago, and I just got an email saying they accepted my offer and it seems that I'm now unable to cancel.. I'm kind of freaking out. I guess i'm now stuck with this wallet..

Here's the link to it: http://www.bonanza.com/listings/aut...ier-ebene-zippered-coin-purse-10003/207949623

Can you contact the seller and see if they are willing to cancel the sale?

I did right when I got my email but I doubt they will reply. I emailed them twice before I offered them a price yesterday but they never replied. I don't really have a good reason to cancel the sale other than I changed my mind (and am blind and didn't realize how bad condition the wallet actually is) I doubt they will accept that.

You could try having it Authenticated on this form or with one of the private authenticating services online.. If it's not authentic then you have a reason to have the sale canceled

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

You could try having it Authenticated on this form or with one of the private authenticating services online.. If it's not authentic then you have a reason to have the sale canceled

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

I posted in the authenticate forum yesterday but nobody has replied, so I may try an authenticating service do you know a good one that isn't super expensive?

They have a pochette that I want and it's the same price range.. I could offer to buy that instead of the wallet if they cancel the offer?

A4U and Carol Diva both offer reasonable prices for authentication and their opinions hold a greater amount of weight on certain websites such as eBay (sorry LV authenticators please don't get mad at me!)
The wallet can be used as is but try taking it into a LV boutique regardless, just to make sure that option is ruled out, and if they won't touch it then there are leather-repair stores that may be able to reglaze the edges

A4U and Carol Diva both offer reasonable prices for authentication and their opinions hold a greater amount of weight on certain websites such as eBay (sorry LV authenticators please don't get mad at me!)
The wallet can be used as is but try taking it into a LV boutique regardless, just to make sure that option is ruled out, and if they won't touch it then there are leather-repair stores that may be able to reglaze the edges

Thank you for the suggestions!

I have 14 days to return it according to their policy so I might just send the payment, take it to LV and see what can be done and if not I will do as you suggested and try a leather store. If I wanted to resell it as-is (only if it's authentic of course) how much do you think is a reasonable price?

This is just my personal opinion, but I would say around $150 given the condition of your wallet (older, natural wear and tear, and possibly "irreparable" by LV in the future)and looking at what it would cost for someone to go online/to the boutique and buy a brand new one.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I have 14 days to return it according to their policy so I might just send the payment, take it to LV and see what can be done and if not I will do as you suggested and try a leather store. If I wanted to resell it as-is (only if it's authentic of course) how much do you think is a reasonable price?

Well if you can't cancel the order just return it since you have 14 days. It's inconvenient but at least you won't be stuck with something that you don't want.

I agree wallets are crazy expensive. I would take a look at it when it comes in, if the LV store can't repair I would try a leather repair shop they might be able to fix it for you..Good luck!

I would contact a bonanza directly and ask them to cancel prior to making payment. There is no way LV can fix the the cracked / damaged canvas.

i wondered about this! i have seen lots of wallets on ebay in that same condition and even though the prices are very low - i did not want something that could not be repaired and wondered if over time it would get worse and worse with use!

Thank you for your replies everyone.

They have replied and agreed to send me a pochette instead! http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Aut...ry-Pochette-Monogram-Hand-Bag-12363/208609528

I'm very happy and so relieved! Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement strap for a pochette since this one is missing it? I want to wear it cross body so I'm probably going to buy a vachetta cross body strap from a seller on ebay anyway.

Thank you for your replies everyone.

They have replied and agreed to send me a pochette instead! http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Aut...ry-Pochette-Monogram-Hand-Bag-12363/208609528

I'm very happy and so relieved! Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement strap for a pochette since this one is missing it? I want to wear it cross body so I'm probably going to buy a vachetta cross body strap from a seller on ebay anyway.
Replacement straps are available, but just be aware that the cost of the strap may exceed the price you actually paid for the pochette (longer bag straps start at around $250 online at LV). Once again, see what they say at the boutique and if you don't like the answer then go to a leather shop (many carry vachetta leather)...at least LV will do future repairs because the pochette technically hasn't be altered by a third party