What happens to unsold BV bags?

TDL

Dec 19, 2008
I've always wondered what happens to unsold BV bags of previous seasons. I figured some of them will go on sale. Then those that don't get sold during the sale will likely go to the outlet. But what about those that don't get sold at the outlet? Or perhaps, those that don't even reach the outlet at all (especially in countries where there are no outlets)?

Is there a rough timeline on when these bags go through this transition? And is there some sort of "BV Bag limbo" that exists somewhere where we could still get access to them?

I'm not looking for a specific bag but curious on where they end up in. Does anyone know?

LLANeedle--I think you're right because I saw this bag there yesterday and I know this bag was on sale at the department stores forever. They are asking $2,499 for it though and it was way less than that at last call at NM.

flower.jpg

According to my SA, unsold sale items in Thailand (no BV outlet here) will get shipped back to Italy.
I don't know where it goes after that. Though they are sometimes locked up in the cabinets in the showrooms over a year before they get shipped.

Thanks, LLANeedle, ssc0619, noddanard & jburgh!

I have heard that spiel about shipping it back to Italy too. And I can imagine the comment about "being locked in a cabinet for over a year" especially in Asia since there are no outlets here.

I wonder if it's really more cost-effective for the local BVs to pay the cost of re-shipment to Italy or even hold the inventory in-store for a long period of time as opposed to offering a better deal for really interested buyers. (discretely of course... I'm sure BV will not blatantly promote really deep sales/discounts)

And BTW, I have the same observation on Overstock.com for some BV bags. So strange...

Thanks, LLANeedle, ssc0619, noddanard & jburgh!

I have heard that spiel about shipping it back to Italy too. And I can imagine the comment about "being locked in a cabinet for over a year" especially in Asia since there are no outlets here.

I wonder if it's really more cost-effective for the local BVs to pay the cost of re-shipment to Italy or even hold the inventory in-store for a long period of time as opposed to offering a better deal for really interested buyers. (discretely of course... I'm sure BV will not blatantly promote really deep sales/discounts)

And BTW, I have the same observation on Overstock.com for some BV bags. So strange...

That's exactly what I thought.
Though I saw some last season's unsold sale items during the sale last July. I asked if they had anything on sale. The SA seemed reluctant at first then she showed my "the stuff in the cabinet". The SA told me that they're not allowed to sell those items that are waiting to be shipped back. May be it's just a tactic to create more value for the items - :P Cos for a moment, I thought oo oo o these are discontinued items. I should get them while they're still available. ha ha

In Dubai, they discount only seasonal items at the end of season, and offer to the staff what is not sold and then send to their outlet what is remaining, though they not allowed to sell them openly and offer to the special customers only.

I'm sure that some of the bags come back to the US outlets. They are at first 30% off, then marked down further, probably until they are gone. There is always somebody that will buy even an ugly bag at a great price! :nuts:

Some of them go to the outlet. My friend was watching a noce campana in "07. We saw the bag recently at the Woodbury outlet. It is still there are two months. Soon it will go to %50 off of the outlet price. Perhaps she will buy it then!