What happens to Sale leftovers?

Plain_Jane_Too

Plain Jane
O.G.
Sep 30, 2005
Now that the January Sale is over, I am curious what happen to those handbags / products not sold? Are they sent to the outlets or destroyed rather than reduce their price further?

The sale prices were not very encouraging but a few more % discount and some of the items can start looking pretty good! If not for for me, then they would have been great gifts!

shoppingpal

shop,shop,shop
O.G.
Aug 27, 2009
Washington, DC
Plain_Jane_Too said:
Now that the January Sale is over, I am curious what happen to those handbags / products not sold? Are they sent to the outlets or destroyed rather than reduce their price further?

The sale prices were not very encouraging but a few more % discount and some of the items can start looking pretty good! If not for for me, then they would have been great gifts!
I'm not sure what you meant by "destroyed"...but I don't think they will be destroyed in anyway. They will probably go back to the original prices. I walked into the Mulberry boutique at Tysons Galleria (McLean, VA) today and they had several items left on sale. They were all extra 20% off on top of the sale price. They had a petrol bayswater, a silky snake Alexa and OS Alexa both in petrol also, mini bays in a yellow shade, etc plus wallets and other SLG.

Jul 9, 2009
Al stock. Inc hof goes to the outlets and will be 30 percent off so some could be higher than the sale price it has happened before but the. Outlets then reduce further if it doesn't sell keep watching for moos lists in a years time

Plain_Jane_Too

Plain Jane
O.G.
Sep 30, 2005
Thank you for the info! I think I'm calling some M boutiques to see what leftovers they have left and any add'l %. :smile:

Mooshooshoo

Oct 19, 2011
UK
Hi Plain Jane Too,

Any stock which is not in an independent store is recalled to the UK and "quarantined" (I don't know why they use this term, it gives me visions of handbags in kennels!) for 12 months. It is then sold through the UK outlets at 30% off the original retail price....which as Elvis points out may be more than the sale price was.
Independent shops being free to do as they please with their stock will frequently make further reductions to sell any renaining stock off.

:smile:

Juliemvis

Sep 17, 2012
london
can i ask then moo ,is house of fraser a independent stockist ? i think bentals of kingston is because the s.a said they may be more discounts before there sale ends .

frizz

Nov 8, 2006
I saw two sales assistants looking at the mulb stock on friday and by the sounds of it i think they were talking about further discounts..ot ay least i hope they were as i love the maisie style

Mooshooshoo

Oct 19, 2011
UK
can i ask then moo ,is house of fraser a independent stockist ? i think bentals of kingston is because the s.a said they may be more discounts before there sale ends .
Hi Julie,
No House of Fraser is a concession seller as are John Lewis. They are controlled by Mulberry and cannot therefore deviate from Mulberrys pricing etc.
Mulberry have extended the sale period through HoF as they have so much unsold stock :sneaky::sneaky:
Bentalls is an independent and have been known to drop all their stock to 50% to clear.....:smile:

Mlaylac

Jul 22, 2012
Hi,

not sure if this is even the right thread but i wondered if the Daria satchel in grey was in this sale or if not this sale then the one before.....any ideas on how much it went down to in the uk?( I know M have released a new pear shade)

LVboi25

Jul 16, 2007
I talk to one of the sales assistants at Tyson's.. They mentioned how they eventually ship the items back to the U.K for the outlet.. Now I just need a trip to London

Mooshooshoo

Oct 19, 2011
UK
Hi,

not sure if this is even the right thread but i wondered if the Daria satchel in grey was in this sale or if not this sale then the one before.....any ideas on how much it went down to in the uk?( I know M have released a new pear shade)

Daria satchels have been in the outlets at £486 - if you go back through the outlet stock thread you can find them.
The outlets had the mouse grey but only in the hobo in stock in January of this year.

http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry-shopping/post-outlet-finds-stock-here-no-chatter-775566.html

Mooshooshoo

Oct 19, 2011
UK
I talk to one of the sales assistants at Tyson's.. They mentioned how they eventually ship the items back to the U.K for the outlet.. Now I just need a trip to London
A the end if the sales, stocks are brought back to the Uk and "quarantined" for approximately 12 months, after which they were released to the outlet stores.

Mulberry have now changed this pattern of release, choosing now to release stock in order to free up warehouse storage space, so now it's anyone's guess when previous season's stock will appear...:sad:

LVboi25

Jul 16, 2007
A the end if the sales, stocks are brought back to the Uk and "quarantined" for approximately 12 months, after which they were released to the outlet stores.

Mulberry have now changed this pattern of release, choosing now to release stock in order to free up warehouse storage space, so now it's anyone's guess when previous season's stock will appear...:sad:
I guess that makes sense. Some of the "outlet" in the U.S will do the same. Like if Fall 13 is in stores it will be in outlet in Fall 14. Just to be within season. I think it's a smart move.