what happens if you send an item,

If it was sent by insured post (but not with tracking) you would need to refund the payment to the buyer and make a lost item claim with the post office to get your money back.

ETA - sorry, didn't read closely enough the first time and now see it was not insured. Sorry, but you're out of luck and will have to refund them if they file a claim with paypal.

I send all my items with insurance and some with tracking, depending on what it is.

Yup, I agree with the others.

Unfortunately you are SOL :crybaby:

I ALWAYS including insurance and signature required (in my shipping amount) - just for this very reason!

GOOD LUCK! I hope this works out for you in the end!

Sorry this happened to you. No matter how small the item, I suggest that you always send it via priority mail with delivery confirmation. That way there isn't a chance that the buyer can say they didn't receive it even if they did. Sometimes you just really have to cover yourself.

Sorry this happened to you. No matter how small the item, I suggest that you always send it via priority mail with delivery confirmation. That way there isn't a chance that the buyer can say they didn't receive it even if they did. Sometimes you just really have to cover yourself.

ITA... and there are people out there who are just waiting for sellers to make the mistake of shipping without DC so that they can get their $$ back. I learned this the hard way. Now I ship everything through Paypal or USPS click-n-ship so the DC is included for free.