what happens if sellers say they don't know if their items are authentic?

Issis

shopaholic mode
Jun 7, 2010
saw some listings on ebay lately where sellers claim they are not sure if the items they are selling are authentic (with blurry pictures of course...). but the items are still listed under the designer brand names...

i start wondering, would the statement of "buyer beware! I couldn't tell either way if it's real or not." steers the sellers clear of SNAD if they turn out to be fakes??? :confused1:

Last edited:
report the auction. they can't sell something that may not be authentic.
you can still report snad for a fake or item not as described. ebay will cover you either way.

In the real world it is illegal to sell a counterfeit whether it is disclosed or not.

On Ebay? You can report and maybe they'll take it down depending on who the seller is, what day it is, whether they got 'lucky' the night before, which planet is where, and any number of permutations and variables that I haven't been able to figure out yet.

On Ebay? You can report and maybe they'll take it down depending on who the seller is, what day it is, whether they got 'lucky' the night before, which planet is where, and any number of permutations and variables that I haven't been able to figure out yet.

i have been trying to figure that out for years... still no luck...

It's the seller's responsibility to KNOW if an item is authentic BEFORE listing. They're wrong if they think saying they 'don't know' covers their butt. I report them.

I think thats just a sellers way of covering there arse. So when the buyer gets said item, and the item is inauthentic, they can say "well I never said it was" What a crock of you know what. Report it!

In the real world it is illegal to sell a counterfeit whether it is disclosed or not.

it is illegal to sell a counterfeit as posted above.. however,with that said whether a seller knowingly or unknowingly practices this business

it is being done.. best to report it as suggested above.. and with ebay there is no rhyme or reasonas to how & why they do the things they do..

:roflmfao: That is an awesome answer!

LOVE this answer--LMAO

It's the seller's responsibility to KNOW if an item is authentic BEFORE listing. They're wrong if they think saying they 'don't know' covers their butt. I report them.

This is true. I find it hard to believe there are so many people who "don't know" if something is authentic. And even if you don't you better figure it out before you list it.