What happens if seller does not send shipping label?

For future, if the seller doesn't send a return shipping label then you can ask ebay to step in and they will sort out a return shipping label for you (never ship at your own expense as, in my experience, sellers don't refund - have had this happen twice now).

Return the item as per the shipping label. If the seller's address is incorrect then I always wonder why is that? It's a little suspicious to me.

Once the tracking shows delivery, ebay normally refund within 48 hours.

Thank you @vernis-lover! Bag was delivered Friday so according to ebay seller has until Tuesday to refund (two business days) before ebay steps in.

When packing the bag to return it, I noticed that on the original packing seller sent she used one address, which is different from the address she uses on ebay, and different form the address she asked me to send the return to. Not sure what is going on, but glad I came here for advice and returned the bag to the address printed on return label!

You all have been very helpful! Thank you:flowers:

Reactions: bigverne28
I am so, so angry right now! This morning I received this message from seller:

"I still have not received my bag that you are returning, I will be contacting eBay on this. I can see now this is a scam on your part."

UGH!!!!!! this seller is just trouble!

I am so, so angry right now! This morning I received this message from seller:

"I still have not received my bag that you are returning, I will be contacting eBay on this. I can see now this is a scam on your part."

UGH!!!!!! this seller is just trouble!

I wouldn't worry. You've done your part correctly as per eBay instructions. If she wants to kick off let her. eBay will refund you provided you've followed all the steps and can show item was delivered to the return address registered on eBay. Good luck!

Reactions: dolali
I wouldn't worry. You've done your part correctly as per eBay instructions. If she wants to kick off let her. eBay will refund you provided you've followed all the steps and can show item was delivered to the return address registered on eBay. Good luck!

Yes, ebay shows the return as delivered, as does USPS (which even gives a location of the house where item was left at). I wanted so bad to respond, but I won't get into a back and forth with her. Not worth it.

Thank you for reassuring me :smile:

Taking deep breaths until this is resolved!

Reactions: bigverne28
Yes, ebay shows the return as delivered, as does USPS (which even gives a location of the house where item was left at). I wanted so bad to respond, but I won't get into a back and forth with her. Not worth it.

Thank you for reassuring me :smile:

Taking deep breaths until this is resolved!

Just ignore her. The seller needs to get her own house in order to be honest as it is her that is scamming. You don't generate a label for x address and then ask the sender to ship it to y address - that's one of the oldest scams in the book (and your seller knows it as if you had done as requested then she'd turn round and tell eBay - 'look I gave the return address label with such and such an address and you can see from tracking it was delivered elsewhere!'

I had to return an item to an ebay seller last month. They sent a returns label and I duly posted it. The seller claims not to have received it although ebay refunded me a few days after the tracking showed delivery. The seller maintains they still don't have their item back and has filed a postal insurance claim.

Just ignore her. The seller needs to get her own house in order to be honest as it is her that is scamming. You don't generate a label for x address and then ask the sender to ship it to y address - that's one of the oldest scams in the book (and your seller knows it as if you had done as requested then she'd turn round and tell eBay - 'look I gave the return address label with such and such an address and you can see from tracking it was delivered elsewhere!'

I had to return an item to an ebay seller last month. They sent a returns label and I duly posted it. The seller claims not to have received it although ebay refunded me a few days after the tracking showed delivery. The seller maintains they still don't have their item back and has filed a postal insurance claim.

Thank you so much for your message! So glad to see your case was resolved by you getting your $ back!

Does filing a postal insurance claim by your seller involves you in any way? I sure hope not! Ugh! These people:tdown:

Thank you so much for your message! So glad to see your case was resolved by you getting your $ back!

Does filing a postal insurance claim by your seller involves you in any way? I sure hope not! Ugh! These people:tdown:

Sadly, this particular seller has filled in the insurance claim fraudulently. Over here, only the sender can claim. In this case, I am the sender, the tracking shows delivery and I have my refund so I have no claim.

The seller in this case has completed the postal insurance paperwork as though they were the sender so I have had a letter from the post office asking me to confirm whether I received the item in question. Obviously I didn't as I posted it. I have had to write a letter back, with my evidence, explaining the situation to the post office. I feel this is such a waste of time as the item wasn't insured due to the method the seller used to have the item returned and tracking shows delivery so any claim is going to be rejected. However, I felt I had to explain the situation to the post office as don't want them flagging my address as someone who files false claim paperwork (I have no idea if they do this but would hate for any genuine claim I had to be rejected in the future).