Jimmy Choo what happened to older design of jimmy choo bags?

mahalagirl

O.G.
Jul 30, 2008
Dear all jimmy choo bag lovers,
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I am a bit surprised at what happened to the older design of jimmy choo bags such as ramona, riki, mahala, maddy, ring, etc? I think their designs and quality were excellent.....but suddenly they are gone from the market.

I am just wondering why jimmy choo stopped producing their designs even though they were very popular.....

Maybe jimmy choo should consider reproducing those styles again. Any thoughts?

TIA

I know what you mean and agree with you. I get so many compliments on my old Mahala -- no one knows it's practically vintage (2006) which is fine with me. They are available pre-loved for less than half of what they cost new. I've seen many going for under $400. I wish he would bring back some of the older styles - they are classic.

Reactions: Glitterbomb
This is sad. I own 3 Jimmy Choo's: (2) Riki's and 1 evening bag. Also own 2 pair of shoes both. I was cleaning out closet and considered selling my turquoise Riki. I was told flat out the resale value is very low. JC is very edgy, sexy and high street rock and roll chic. It doesn't get the respect it deserves. Not sure if this is a US thing.

I wish they bring back the older styles.

Thanks for the responses....I also think the same, the quality of those bags were really good and they still look amazing when we wear them, but they are practically gone except in ebay.

Like jmcadon said, we are probably in the minority, even the forum is rather quiet these days, I really hope jc will do a remake.....or maybe we can try to have fun here by showing some mod shots when we wear them. At least we get to enjoy them while we still have them ;)

I agree, we should post more modeling pics! there is thread for this. I have seen members comments about how quiet this forum is...we can change that!

It seems like Choo has changed its target market to a much less conservative and trendy younger demographic some time around 2010. I too love the older bags, and the quality was so much better. 5-6 years ago you rarely heard of edges cracking, or straps ripping away from the body of the bag. Even the Choo exotics were superb. Croc was very high quality and skins were matched expertly. I don't know if we will ever see that again.

It seems like Choo has changed its target market to a much less conservative and trendy younger demographic some time around 2010. I too love the older bags, and the quality was so much better. 5-6 years ago you rarely heard of edges cracking, or straps ripping away from the body of the bag. Even the Choo exotics were superb. Croc was very high quality and skins were matched expertly. I don't know if we will ever see that again.

I know. It seems like most of the high end designers are having quality issues. What up?

I’m reviving this old thread.. pulled out my Maddy this summer. Didn’t use it last summer don’t know why but I’m still in love.. I’m looking to maybe get another color, preloved market is crazy cheap. Quality is amazing, doesn’t at all look 14 years old. I remember almost getting the poppy color but ended up with turquoise and matching wallet, wish I got both.

FB6F0D42-29DC-4D20-AB53-86525A699CCF.jpeg

I’m reviving this old thread.. pulled out my Maddy this summer. Didn’t use it last summer don’t know why but I’m still in love.. I’m looking to maybe get another color, preloved market is crazy cheap. Quality is amazing, doesn’t at all look 14 years old. I remember almost getting the poppy color but ended up with turquoise and matching wallet, wish I got both.

View attachment 4805720

I was in love with these bags back in the day! Sadly I was a poor student so I never sprang for one. Inspired by your post I went looking for them on the resale sites, and while they're very reasonably priced now, I didn't see any that were in good enough shape for me to want to buy one. I'll be keeping a look-out though.

Reactions: Fgh, RT1 and 880
So glad to hear those of us who love JC bags from yesteryear share our thoughts. I still have my 4 mahalas and they are as nice, sturdy and looking like new as the day I got them...does help that 2 are liquid patent iirc.