Alexander Wang What happened to AW?!

Lately what personally pulls me back from Alexander Wang is his use of hardware. While it's always been a part of his aesthetic, sometimes it overrides the wonderful tactile aspect of leather. I see this bag, its metal bars and I think of restraint, I picture the metal clanging, the coldness of holding the bag by its bike chain, etc. It just feels too harsh and impersonal despite the creativity in design.

View attachment 4505947

I love this bag!
I'd love to know whether you can detach the hardware?
I would wear it with to without it :loveeyes:

Do you suppose that bag is a knock-off destined to be sold in the resale market? B/C I have a silver studded mini-Rockie which looks (IMHO) quite cute; I've gotten compliments. Been carrying it since the beginning of the year. It held up fine. I was tempted to buy the studded full size Rockie when it went on sale I liked the small one so much.
I can't remember if you got yours resale but if you did I would complain. You should surely get a year's worth of use before the bag shows signs of wear. Wherever you bought it from should at least give you a store credit if you return it.
I've had three Rocco's and two Rockies. All still going strong after all of these years and they were up there in my most used bags for quite some time. They are also the most complimented bag I've ever owned. I could never have a collection without my Wangs!

Reactions: jessica.berman