What happened here?? I'm confused with this auction??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bags4Bubbles

Bubbles luvs Bbags
O.G.
Dec 23, 2006
Let me preface this by saying I asked a simliar question to this in the eBay area, but no one seemed to know what was going on or familiar with the Balenciaga climate... I must say I have never had this happen in my 4 + years on eBay....

I was bidding on an auction:
eBay: Balenciaga Le Dix Motorcycle Handbag purse BLUE AUTH (item 160077798911 end time Jan-30-07 21:02:45 PST)

Then... during the middle of the night, the seller canceled the first three bids on the item, for reason "item no longer available". Then, three new bidders came in and bid on the item, with the highest bidder winning out of that group...

I am just really confused?? Why did the seller cancel our perfectly good bids? Of course, I can really only speak for myself, but it seems that all of us- first three bidder's had adequate FB history... I am personally Paypal verified, and I have a solid history & FB as a buyer.

Can anyone clue me in on what happened here?? This bag was discussed in the Bbag section as being authentic... so there may have been other PFer's bidding as well... Has anyone see this happen before?

If anyone has any idea... just chime in... I am just confused and would like to understand this, so I know for the future if I need to be looking for something... or do something special... or stay away from certain auctions... I emailed the seller to ask why they were canceled, but haven't received a response as of this posting. :confused1: Thanks!

omg !i was bidding as well, and i notice the 3 first bids were canceled, so i went to bid but i was outbid in the last minut, i was thinking very strange!!!!!!!!!!!just cancel bids like that in the last minutes, very very strange!

Please disregard this thread... seller has replied saying they were trying to cancel auction all together, but then people kept bidding. I was trying to make sure that I hadn't done anything wrong, but it seems it is on their end, they are having some personal things that happened yesterday.. I dunno.

Thanks! (Mod, if you can cancel thread- that would be okay/great. Thanks!)

lovelv - Yeah, it was wierd.. I was in the first set of three bidders, the high bidder out of those three.

The seller replied with saying they were having some personal issues and trying to cancel auction.... I don't know, I'm so skeptical with eBay now... they very well may be being truthful, but always in the back of my head there is a voice that is the devil's advocate... (Like, they realized if they would have put the name of the bag in the title it would have maybe gone for more... or more pictures upfront in the auction...) I will be weary if it gets relisted right away.... I'm just going to move on to other options with less drama. :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.