What handbags have you regretted giving away?

Nov 26, 2006
What handbags have you given away? Which ones did you wish you kept?

I've given away too many to even remember over the last few years. I have a few regrets though.

I wish I would have kept my stonewashed Rebecca Mknkoff Matinee and my lilac Fendi spy.

I do miss my wine Mini Mini Mam from Rebecca Minkoff as well.

I regretted one ... until just recently, when I saw the lady who I had given it to and she was carrying it (and had been since I gave it to her over a year ago) - and it didn't look nice at all; she was still very pleased with it (lovely soft leather) but I was so startled to see the brand's bag wasn't going to hold up over time after all. So now I can say that no, I have no regrets... :biggrin: Better to have gone to someone who enjoys it no matter what than to have stayed with me.

I sold my mother my Marc Jacobs Hudson bag with the understanding that if I ever wanted it back I could buy it from her. I think the bag is gorgeous but that I will use it more when I am older. I don't regret it but I did love looking at it!

^^Agree with that. I have given away bags only to see them later and be surprised by the wear and tear...no regrets there!

I slightly regret one LV and one MZ Wallace that I gave away...you know that twinge you get when you see them...but in both cases the recipient is so happy, it is totally worth it.

I regret giving away a Mulberry Ledbury in baby pink. That shade was beautiful and could be well paired with many clothes. I now have a Ledbury in light blue but miss the pink, I hope to find another one.

I've regretted selling a few of my Pradas and Chanels simply for the fact that prices are now sky high. When I think how much I paid for them a few years ago and the amount for which they sold, it makes me sick to my stomach considering their current price points.

"giving away" is different from "selling", unless you sold something for so cheap it was like giving it away - LOL.

Thought OP meant "giving away" as an all-inclusive term. Anyway, giving away? Nope, never gave away bags so no regrets! Might as well have been giving away after all the ebay fees!

Thought OP meant "giving away" as an all-inclusive term. Anyway, giving away? Nope, never gave away bags so no regrets! Might as well have been giving away after all the ebay fees!

You aren't kidding! I don't know how much more any of us can take, I am SO surprised that more have not left the 'Bay ...

You aren't kidding! I don't know how much more any of us can take, I am SO surprised that more have not left the 'Bay ...

It has gotten really bad...I don't sell much on ebay now. But, i am considering selling to Bag Borrow or Steal. Or at the very least, checking into it. I'd be more willing to swap a bag though, than sell it. After all, I'd probably spend the money on another bag anyway!

I gave away two vintage Coach bags to my sister when they weren't so vintage yet -- one was a duffel feedbag (I could really use it now) and a lovely two pocket saddle bag. Funny, I've never seen her carry either of them :smile:

No kidding... learned my lesson... practically gave away my LV Beverly MM when it sold for half the retail and then I discovered eBay and PayPal took sizeable chunk o' change from the transaction too. ugh.

To add insult to injury, I discovered the perfect event to bring the LV too but I no longer had it - only a few months later! LOL

I've given away coach and dooney to my mom. They would be vintage now. One day I asked her to pull them out so I could look at them again. Funny thing happened, she said "oh they're down in the basement". So I take time now to carefully build my collection to be bags I'll be sure to hang on to.