What handbag to wear to a football game?

psulion08

I want it all
O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
Hey everyone I need some help. I'm going to a Penn State game in a couple weeks and I don't know what purse to wear. I will be wearing blue and white. I have Penn State purses...but I think I'm too old to be wearing those (I'm 23). I have a blue quilted small shoulder bag with a paw print on it and a wristlet...I want something bigger than a wrislet and not hand held (i.e. speedy). I was thinking of wearing a messenger bag..my mom has the Louis Vuitton Eva...perhaps I could borrow that? I have to fit my camera, cash, cards, keys, lipstick, lip gloss, blush, blush brush.

TIA :biggrin:

None! I never take my purse to a football game, I would be entirely too worried about my bag to enjoy the game. I've got a Marc Jacobs key pouch that I put cash & debit card in and also throw a lip gloss & phone in my pocket, that's all I find that I need.

Well, something that you can safely put on your lap and still feel comfortable. And, I wouldn't take anything that I loved to death either because who knows what might happen in the stands.

I wouldn't bring a bag that I need to worry about either! A small cross-body (so you can go hands free and not worry about dropping it or where to put it) would be best, IMHO, in a material that's fuss free and that can handle a spill (in case it should occur). I personally don't take any of my nicer leather bags to sports events, but use a nylon Crumpler messenger instead.

Something that you can wear comfortably the whole game; nothing that needs to be put on the ground, or cannot take physical contact, a run in with beverages, etc. Nothing you would be heartbroken over if it got damaged.

I have a LeSportsac that has been my summer concert bag this year for these very reasons.

I agree wear a cross body bag that way you can wear it the entire time. But make sure it has a good closure (lika a zipper) cuz you don't want all your things spilling out Purses can be annoying and keep falling and a wristlet could be to small to hold all your things. Enjoy the game.

Something crossbody, but I would not use anything that is too expensive because I would worry about it. Have you looked at Le Sportsac bags? They are lightweight, they make crossbody bags, and they are very easy to clean.

For things like this I always go cross-body, inexpensive and something I don't mind too much if it gets dirty (canvas or nylon). I personally would never bring my LV's to something like a football game.

Another vote for either a Longchamp le Pliage or a Le Sportsac. I once took my Longchamp Le Pliage to a bar where someone promptly spilled beer all over it. It's such a durable bag that the contents inside didn't get wet and I just rinsed it out later on and it was as good as new!

( Go Lions!!)

IMO,I wouldn't carry anything designer, other than my simple Longchamp bag that is discreet and can be easily cleaned. I'd wear a bag that I don't care if I dirty.