What handbag to wear to a football game?

psulion08

I want it all
O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
Cloud 9
Hey everyone I need some help. I'm going to a Penn State game in a couple weeks and I don't know what purse to wear. I will be wearing blue and white. I have Penn State purses...but I think I'm too old to be wearing those (I'm 23). I have a blue quilted small shoulder bag with a paw print on it and a wristlet...I want something bigger than a wrislet and not hand held (i.e. speedy). I was thinking of wearing a messenger bag..my mom has the Louis Vuitton Eva...perhaps I could borrow that? I have to fit my camera, cash, cards, keys, lipstick, lip gloss, blush, blush brush.

TIA :biggrin:

shop2drop1

On a ball field
Sep 1, 2007
Land of OZ
None! I never take my purse to a football game, I would be entirely too worried about my bag to enjoy the game. I've got a Marc Jacobs key pouch that I put cash & debit card in and also throw a lip gloss & phone in my pocket, that's all I find that I need.

Jul 21, 2006
Southwest Florida
Well, something that you can safely put on your lap and still feel comfortable. And, I wouldn't take anything that I loved to death either because who knows what might happen in the stands.

starkfan

O.G.
Jan 18, 2009
I wouldn't bring a bag that I need to worry about either! A small cross-body (so you can go hands free and not worry about dropping it or where to put it) would be best, IMHO, in a material that's fuss free and that can handle a spill (in case it should occur). I personally don't take any of my nicer leather bags to sports events, but use a nylon Crumpler messenger instead.

pinkshoulders

Dec 14, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Something that you can wear comfortably the whole game; nothing that needs to be put on the ground, or cannot take physical contact, a run in with beverages, etc. Nothing you would be heartbroken over if it got damaged.

I have a LeSportsac that has been my summer concert bag this year for these very reasons.

Fashion Gal

Aug 18, 2009
I agree wear a cross body bag that way you can wear it the entire time. But make sure it has a good closure (lika a zipper) cuz you don't want all your things spilling out Purses can be annoying and keep falling and a wristlet could be to small to hold all your things. Enjoy the game.

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
Penn State, yay! My sister in law goes to Penn..! Urm..I think a shoulder bag or a crossbody bag to keep it out of your way.

Laria

Jul 22, 2006
Something crossbody, but I would not use anything that is too expensive because I would worry about it. Have you looked at Le Sportsac bags? They are lightweight, they make crossbody bags, and they are very easy to clean.

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Near Chicago
For things like this I always go cross-body, inexpensive and something I don't mind too much if it gets dirty (canvas or nylon). I personally would never bring my LV's to something like a football game.

Violet623

Nov 26, 2006
Another vote for either a Longchamp le Pliage or a Le Sportsac. I once took my Longchamp Le Pliage to a bar where someone promptly spilled beer all over it. It's such a durable bag that the contents inside didn't get wet and I just rinsed it out later on and it was as good as new!

JAP4life

O.G.
Nov 14, 2005
Steeler Town
( Go Lions!!)

IMO,I wouldn't carry anything designer, other than my simple Longchamp bag that is discreet and can be easily cleaned. I'd wear a bag that I don't care if I dirty.