What Handbag/Purse Are You Carrying Today?!

Today would have been my mother's 96th birthday. :heart: She died last year, April 2nd. She drank vodka every day and drank vodka martinis when she went out. My sister and I stopped in a bar this afternoon to celebrate her birthday with her favorite drink. We had the bartender make one for her. My sister and I don't drink so it was mostly a symbolic gesture, and we enjoyed reminiscing about fun times together.
Switched to my mini Bennett for the occasion.
View attachment 5078637
What a wonderful way to remember her! It reminds of the movie One Way Passage. I'm sorry for your loss.

Today would have been my mother's 96th birthday. :heart: She died last year, April 2nd. She drank vodka every day and drank vodka martinis when she went out. My sister and I stopped in a bar this afternoon to celebrate her birthday with her favorite drink. We had the bartender make one for her. My sister and I don't drink so it was mostly a symbolic gesture, and we enjoyed reminiscing about fun times together.
View attachment 5078637

Such a lovely and perfect way to remember your Mom on this Mother’s Day :smile:. And glad to hear Miss Bennett was there on this special outing.

View attachment 5078637
I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs:

View attachment 5078637
What a lovely tribute to your mom. :love:

View attachment 5078637
If only I could drink alcohol at the moment (medication)...otherwise I would have joined you as well...what a lovely gesture of remembrance .

View attachment 5078637
To your Mom. :heart:

What a wonderful way to remember her! It reminds of the movie One Way Passage. I'm sorry for your loss.
Such a lovely and perfect way to remember your Mom on this Mother’s Day :smile:. And glad to hear Miss Bennett was there on this special outing.
I thought since we were going to toast my mom with her favorite drink, it was only appropriate that I carry my favorite color. :heart:
I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs:
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year as well, in January. It's hard, isn't it?
I'm sorry for your loss as well. :hugs: Yes, it is hard, especially during 2020.
What a lovely tribute to your mom. :love:
If only I could drink alcohol at the moment (medication)...otherwise I would have joined you as well...what a lovely gesture of remembrance .

To your Mom. :heart:

Thank you Whateve, Minda, House, Muchstuff, Kimbashop, Naranz, and Molly! :hugs: :heart:

My mom lived in Atlanta with my brother. My sister had a flight for March 15th and I was going to follow her a couple of weeks later. It was to allow my brother and his wife as much down time as possible since they had been taking such great care of my mom, which required almost all day attention. The weekend before my sister's flight the Bay Area went on Lockdown because of covid and Dr Fauci discouraged flying for people over 60, especially flights over an hour. We wrestled with our decision but decided as a family it was best for everyone that we didn't take the four hour flight to Atlanta, for our health and to prevent us from possibly bringing covid to my brother's house. So we didn't get to say goodbye, or have a memorial service for her.
But yesterday was not about being sad. It was about sharing stories and laughing about things we haven't thought about in a while. :smile:

Happy Mother's Day to all the women who take care of their family, and to those women who share their compassion, skills, and knowledge with someone in need. :heart:

Last edited:
View attachment 5078637
What a sweet thing to do in her memory. :smile: Sorry to hear about her passing, but wow 96 that’s great!

• Love
Reactions: RuedeNesle
View attachment 5078637
I am sorry about your mom passing, RuedeNesle. I love the way that you honored her and celebrated what would have been her 96th birthday!