What hand lotion/cream do you recommend?

ajamesgrly

~Jamie~
O.G.
Feb 2, 2006
Hi everyone!

Random question here...What hand moisturzer do you use??

I'm in the medical field which forces me to wash my hands ALL the time, which is very bad for the skin (dries em out and such), and since we don't have to really nice moisturizing soaps at the hospital...I'm constantly putting lotion on my hands whenever I get the chance to prevent that. I'm only 23 and don't wanna end up with dry crackly hands by the time I get out of school, so lately I've been using Palmer's Shea butter formula...which is really cheap, but works pretty well and smells nice compared to the more expensive lotions I've tried....

So I'm open to any suggestions...thanks in advance for all your comments!!:biggrin:

I know what you mean. I'm a nursing student and I wash my hands all the time too. I just use Jergens. I carry a pocket size bottle and put lotion on right after I wash my hands. That is how I prevent my hands from being so dry.

my hands get super dry at work because of all the paper i deal with everyday, paper absorbs oil from your hands very quickly, so i use H20+ hand & nail cream. it absorbs into your skin quickly, and isn't greasy. i hate greasy lotions. only thing is, once you wash your hands, forget it, you have to put it back on. so i keep mine at my desk and use it every hour.

RachelA said:
The best I have found is Elizabeth Arden Eight hour hand cream - it is divine!!!:biggrin:

I agree RachelA, I use it on my clients (lips) before I apply their lipstick. ALSO, you guys have got to try FREDERIC FEKKAI 's Creme Luxueuse it is absolutely fabulous! It was listed as one of Oprah's favorite things awhile back...it is pricey, but well worth it! I constantly wash my hands too, and I could not deal with my crinkled up dry hands :sick: , I guarantee you'll love it!....I sound like a infomercial :huh: .

Medical field too. I was using St Ives which wasn't too bad since I was using it every 10 minutes. Now I use burts bees almond hand cream in the morning and at night and the others during the day. My hands are in pretty good shape.

I like Aveeno. And in a pinch, I just use the one that's stocked for the patients use (a new one though). But during an infection control in-service, they warned us not to use a communal lotion at the station, because you don't know if the ppl who touched the bottle before you washed their hands!

mariesmist said:
I like Aveeno. And in a pinch, I just use the one that's stocked for the patients use (a new one though). But during an infection control in-service, they warned us not to use a communal lotion at the station, because you don't know if the ppl who touched the bottle before you washed their hands!

I agree...I love Aveeno. I also really like Kiehl's Creme du Corps light lotion and Clarins. Oh, and Bliss!

IntlSet said:
I so wish I could use hand lotion. Am I the only one that HATES the feeling of it on their hands?

HATE it!!!!
And I'm w/ my twin babies all day and paranoid about them getting sick so I washh ALL THE TIME, my hands are SO dry.
I also religiously use the sanitizing hand gel.
I use An Origins lotion and I like it a lot, I usually only use it before bed though, because I HATE the feeling of anything on my hands.