What hand lotion/cream do you recommend?

SwankyMamaof3 said:
HATE it!!!!
And I'm w/ my twin babies all day and paranoid about them getting sick so I washh ALL THE TIME, my hands are SO dry.
I also religiously use the sanitizing hand gel.
I use An Origins lotion and I like it a lot, I usually only use it before bed though, because I HATE the feeling of anything on my hands.

hehe! I'm not alone! I also abuse the sanitizing hand gel.

I've tried a ton. My faves are:

Archipelago Botanicals Oat Milk Creme
Caswell-Massey Almond and Aloe silk in the tube
The Thymes Mandarin Coriander Hard Working Hand Cream

mariesmist said:
I like Aveeno. And in a pinch, I just use the one that's stocked for the patients use (a new one though). But during an infection control in-service, they warned us not to use a communal lotion at the station, because you don't know if the ppl who touched the bottle before you washed their hands!

ew...I'm glad you mentioned that because I used to use the hospital lotion a lot back when I was a volunteer!! thanks!!

SwankyMamaof3 said:
HATE it!!!!
And I'm w/ my twin babies all day and paranoid about them getting sick so I washh ALL THE TIME, my hands are SO dry.
I also religiously use the sanitizing hand gel.
I use An Origins lotion and I like it a lot, I usually only use it before bed though, because I HATE the feeling of anything on my hands.

I try to stay away from the hand gels as much as possible because the alcohol can be drying to your skin...but they also have those anitbacterial hand lotions by bath and body works which is kinda weird to me. they dont make my hands feel clean.

My hands get really dry too. I've found that I really hate the expensive hand creams. They're either too scented or too greasy. I just like to use plain unscented Lubriderm. It moisturizes well, isn't greasy, and it's cheap.

wickedassin said:
Glysomed is THE BEST stuff. I really wanted a good moisturizing kind that didn't leave my hands greasy. Plus the price is GREAT!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=87447&catid=10401&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=10401&trxp2=87447&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

OOoo thanks so much Wicked...this stuff really caught my eye! Is it scented? if so what does it smell like?? I think I'm gonna go buy a bunch of handcreams this weekend and see what I like!