What goes on in the H stockroom?

I find it hard to believe that SAs don't know what they have in stock. If they can browse their iPhones and know that there are five Bridado backpacks in the back..why can't they all of a sudden know if they have any Bs/Ks/Cs just by browsing too? Do you mean to say that the person who uploads and scans the stocks are not allowed to upload and scan them for easier inventory? Or that their computer system doesn't have a place for them to upload Bs/Ks/Cs (their popular and well-loved items)? Doesn't make sense. All of a sudden, they have to go to the back to physically check? Actually, in my observation, they go to the back to get approval from their SM or Director if they can sell you an item..that's what it is I think and that was what I was told in my earlier years of purchase. I may be wrong but just observe..especially if you are a newbie and they are not very familiar with you yet. Maybe they don't memorize stocks by heart (I wouldn't expect them to)---but of course, they "kinda know" what's in there. And I feel that when they say they don't have any..it means "I have stocks in the back but it's not for you or I have stocks coming in soon but it will not be sold to you". With the very huge demand (now more than ever!), it seems like the bags/items have already been pre-assigned to who they intend to sell it to even before they hit the shelves. So, loyalty and a good rapport with your SA/SM are really essential.

Last edited:
someone said recently she got two Y and Z stamps quota bags from Hermes, so the boutique was really hold off the stocks ? :huh:
Far more likely that Hermes corporate holds back on distribution and delivery of these items than for them to be sitting in a store’s backroom for all that time. Individual stores need to clear inventory every sales period (monthly, quarterly, whatever) to stay in good graces with the higher ups.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that SAs don't know what they have in stock. If they can browse their iPhones and know that there are five Bridado backpacks in the back..why can't they all of a sudden know if they have any Bs/Ks/Cs just by browsing too? Do you mean to say that the person who uploads and scans the stocks are not allowed to upload and scan them for easier inventory? Or that their computer system doesn't have a place for them to upload Bs/Ks/Cs (their popular and well-loved items)? Doesn't make sense. All of a sudden, they have to go to the back to physically check? Actually, in my observation, they go to the back to get approval from their SM or Director if they can sell you an item..that's what it is I think and that was what I was told in my earlier years of purchase. I may be wrong but just observe..especially if you are a newbie and they are not very familiar with you yet. Maybe they don't memorize stocks by heart (I wouldn't expect them to)---but of course, they "kinda know" what's in there. And I feel that when they say they don't have any..it means "I have stocks in the back but it's not for you or I have stocks coming in soon but it will not be sold to you". With the very huge demand (now more than ever!), it seems like the bags/items have already been pre-assigned to who they intend to sell it to even before they hit the shelves. So, loyalty and a good rapport with your SA/SM are really essential.
This 100%. They. Always. Have. Stock. (It might just not be available to you.)

From my personal experience (both in LND and Paris) SAs do have access to inventory on their phones.
On one very fortune occasion, the FSH SA shared with me the array of specs available, before going to the stockroom to collect the bag.
Yes at FSH they can and do read lists of QB out, to known, reasonable clients, who are unlikely to have a heart attack on the spot, and who choose one or two to view and never ask to buy more than one. ;)

They know exactly what is in stock (from the staff interface of course, not by memory). They don't go away to look for a bag, they go away to (assuming they want to give you anything):
1) See if the bag(s) you want are still there (might already be in a room with someone else or otherwise committed)
2) Review your profile and check with SM/leather manager if it's a Birkin, a Kelly, or another very coveted bag.
3) Make the final call on what you get offered
4) Add some bag accessories like a twilly, fourbi, or charm (this step optional)
5) Pull the correct line from their inspirational team poster, let's say it will be: "I am sorry, Madame/Monsieur/Mx, we did not receive any Kellys in our shipment today but I think you will love this xxxxx in the colour you requested".

Last edited:
They know exactly what is in stock (from the staff interface of course, not by memory). They don't go away to look for a bag, they go away to (assuming they want to give you anything):
1) See if the bag(s) you want are still there (might already be in a room with someone else or otherwise committed)
2) Review your profile and check with SM/leather manager if it's a Birkin, a Kelly, or another very coveted bag.
3) Make the final call on what you get offered
4) Add some bag accessories like a twilly, fourbi, or charm (this step optional)
5) Pull the correct line from their inspirational team poster, let's say it will be: "I am sorry, Madame/Monsieur/Mx, we did not receive any Kellys in our shipment today but I think you will love this xxxxx in the colour you requested".

I would say both are correct in what SAs are allowed

Reactions: 880 and Miarta
IM @QuelleFromage and @showgratitude are right. I have been told something was 'reserved' but that I could probably buy it right away if SM was asked. So it it didn't seem to have been reserved for a specific customer, but they probably had someone in mind or wanted to hold it for other reasons or a euphemism for 'store manager decides in this case'. They also say that they have more or less all the stock ordered to the store for a particular season on the pads /phones, so they will know if there's any point in coming back for let's say a particular RTW item later in the season. But I'm sure changes can be made and that sometimes there can be surprises. But all of this makes sense if the goal is to sell out as much as possible through the year and reduce overstock that goes to the sale or finally to the incinerator like in that past.