What finish do you like best? Mat, glowy,...

Angel1988

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
I though about making a poll of it but then thought it would be too difficult since their are many 'in between' options.

- What kind of foundations do you use: cream, liquid, cream to powder, powder,...?

- What kind of finish are you after?

- What type of skin do you have?

- Right now I'm using a cream foundation (Armani designer foundation in 2 which I can also use on my eyes) after toner and moisturiser. Then I use a cream concealer on any areas that are a little too glowy: it kind of mattifies it just enough and not too much.

For some reason I don't look good with powders, the only powders I like on my skin are highlighting ones.

During the summer I used Vitalumière liquid foundation (very glowy) but I had to switch it to the Armani one since Chanel doesn't sell their lightest shades in Belgium. I also used Chanel cream to powder foundation during summer: it it slightly mat but still gives me enough glow, it gives me a pretty much mat look but not too mat, like happens to me with powders.

- I always try to get a glowy look on the apples of my cheeks and a slighty more mat look on my fore head and nose.

- I have most of the time normal slightly sensitive skin and sometimes areas that are a little too greasy or a little too dry (usually happens when I haven't exfoliated enough/too much or in the summer/winter. I never had a product that made me break out but do have a zit every two weeks or so...

Last edited:
I stay in a country which has hot and humid climate, so it is fairly easy (very common actually) to be all hot and perspiring here.

- What kind of foundations do you use: cream, liquid, cream to powder, powder,...?
I use powder foundation.

Matt finish.

Oily skin.

-What kind of foundations do you use: cream, liquid, cream to powder, powder,...?
I use a MaxFactor cream foundation stick (just where I need it-tzone, undereyes, blemishes) with mineral powder to set it (everywhere). I also use powder bronzer, blush, eyeshadow, etc.

-What kind of finish are you after?

I try to keep my look as matte as possible. I never use any shimmer/sparkles in blush, bronzer or any other facial powder except for the occasional eyeshadow. I kind of have the "Twiggy" look naturally because I have verrryyy long eyelashes and I like to wear LOTS of mascara and some pink blush as my accents/excitment, so keeping it matte works well!!

-What type of skin do you have?
Combination

I use the MUFE Mat Velvet. I have oily skin and this seems to be working well for me.

I think a Matte finish is best for me because of my skin type but maybe as things get better with my skin I will try a different look. Ideally I'd like to feel like I don't have to wear makeup.

-What kind of foundations do you use: cream, liquid, cream to powder, powder,...?
Liquid foundation. I've played around with mineral foundation but it just frustrates me, honestly, ha ha.

I used to love a super matte look (probably when I was younger and my skin was oilier), but now that I'm 41 my skin is a little drier and not as taut as it was in my teens. A little glow/shimmer is great.

Combination. I still break out in my t-zone sometimes!

I use mineral makeup and BE has the mineral in it (name escapes me at the moment) that gives a natural glow which I prefer. I believe that skin is supposed to be glowy, healthy looking and not super matte. I have combo to oily skin.

Liquid and powder

- What kind of finish are you after? MATTE!!!! lol

- What type of skin do you have? OILY booo! lol

I usually use Vichy's Normateint. It's targeted for acne-prone skin and glides on soooo well withOUT that silicone feeling. Smoothes on great even without a moisturizer (for mornings when you need to rush out and skip this step). It also has SPF 15. A bit low, but still great since it's not oily at all.
For more eventful times lol, I use Chanel's Mat Lumiere. It's also very good and makes my skin look really nice, except that I have this sneaky suspicion that it makes me break out. So I only use it occasionally.
Either way, I always top off the liquid foundation with Chanel Mat Lumiere compact foundation powder for extra-matteness lol

I use liquid and then seal it with loose powder.

I prefer a glow so I usually finish off my look with an all over bronzer or a light pink shimmer on the apples of my cheeks depending on my mood and outfit.

Combination

I use cream, liquid or mineral. Right now I'm using CG Advanced Radiance (it's thick cream foundation with Oil of Olay in it) and my skin LOVES it.

Dewy

Picky! :P

It's combination normal & dry, but I get breakouts from hormones and product sensitivity.

I use liquid or cream concealer (both from MAC) sometimes. Usually I just use a mineral loose powder concealer from everyday minerals. My foundation is always mineral powder from EDM too. I love it! Highly recommend for people with oily/combo and acne or sensitive skin.

I go for matte and flawless coverage so my foundation formulas are in intensive and matte. The only glowy part I like is on my cheeks~~MAC msf is good for that. Also pigmented blush like EDM new car smell, MAC spaced out, peachykeen and NARS.

forehead and nose get oily, cheeks are dry.
combo.
i'm not that acne prone anymore but i used to be. i drink a lot of water now and breakouts have lessened a huge amount

What kind of foundations do you use: cream, liquid, cream to powder, powder,...?
I use liquid. MUFE HD liquid in 128 and MUFE HD Powder

Matte to semi-matte

Oily

What kind of foundations do you use: cream, liquid, cream to powder, powder,...? I use a tinted moisturizer from Chanel. I don't like a lot of coverage, just enough to even things out. I also just started using La Mer face power, and that along with the Chanel TM make for perfect coverage for me.

What kind of finish are you after?

Glowy...

What type of skin do you have?

I have combo skin. Oily in t zone, dryer on cheeks. I also still get mild breakouts on my chin, which right now is a mess!

- What kind of foundations do you use: cream, liquid, cream to powder, powder,...? All of them except for cream - I switch between Armani Face Fabric, Bare Minerals and Hourglass Fluid Veil.
- What kind of finish are you after? Semi-matte (matte with a bit of a luster, if that makes any sense, lol).

- What type of skin do you have? Combo