What feedback would you leave?

bliss_cathy

Jan 30, 2014
Hello, I bought something from a US seller three weeks ago and paid immediately.

I emailed a few day ago saying I hadn't received the package and tracking was not working.

He asked me to follow up with my post system in Australia.

I rang Australia Post and they said the tracking number does not exist, the seller needs to contact his courier company.

I emailed back the seller and requested this, no response.

Then I called ebay, ebay confirmed that the seller needed to follow up and then they emailed him to follow up the package.

He has now emailed me saying 'ebay lost the package'.

Now he has asked me to open a claim with ebay to get my refund and told me to 'to open a case'.

I now need to wait another 2 weeks before I can open a case.

Am I completely wrong to expect the seller to do any of the work here? Am I also wrong to expect the seller to refund me himself?

The item was $420.

I'm pretty upset I need to now call paypal again, wait to open a case and have it on my mind for the next two weeks.

I don't feel like the seller is doing anything to help me at all.

For this, what feedback would you leave?

Hello, I bought something from a US seller three weeks ago and paid immediately.

I emailed a few day ago saying I hadn't received the package and tracking was not working.

He asked me to follow up with my post system in Australia.

I rang Australia Post and they said the tracking number does not exist, the seller needs to contact his courier company.

I emailed back the seller and requested this, no response.

Then I called ebay, ebay confirmed that the seller needed to follow up and then they emailed him to follow up the package.

He has now emailed me saying 'ebay lost the package'.

Now he has asked me to open a claim with ebay to get my refund and told me to 'to open a case'.

I now need to wait another 2 weeks before I can open a case.

Am I completely wrong to expect the seller to do any of the work here? Am I also wrong to expect the seller to refund me himself?

The item was $420.

I'm pretty upset I need to now call paypal again, wait to open a case and have it on my mind for the next two weeks.

I don't feel like the seller is doing anything to help me at all.

For this, what feedback would you leave?

What a nightmare!

I'm guessing the seller never sent the package to begin with, hence the 'non existent tracking number' and the fact that he's not even trying to do anything on his end but to advise you to open a case.

You should totally get a refund, $420 is a lot of money. What's his track record (feedback) like?

His feedback is okay, but he does have items that they don't send sometimes as they sell it elsewhere.

He did have a tracking number, but it only updated for two days, and then nothing for three weeks, there was nothing after the second day.

So you think he should refund me directly now?

You should file an INR... The seller will be asked to provide tracking info . If he doesn't
you should win your case. And you only have 45 days I think to open a case, so your
window is getting tight..

I would not leave feedback until the case is closed only because if you leave feedback
now you are not giving him an opportunity to work this out ( if you don't care then
leave whatever feedback you feel is appropriate)

Did you fund this purchase with a credit card by chance?

I did use a credit card to fund the transaction. I'm on the phone to paypal now and just been listening to lists and options and then been on the phone to a rep, and the call cut out.

So I'm going to try calling again.

You should file an INR... The seller will be asked to provide tracking info . If he doesn't
you should win your case. And you only have 45 days I think to open a case, so your
window is getting tight..

I would not leave feedback until the case is closed only because if you leave feedback
now you are not giving him an opportunity to work this out ( if you don't care then
leave whatever feedback you feel is appropriate)

Did you fund this purchase with a credit card by chance?
+1
Please do this so you can get your money back. Don't leave feedback yet but if this doesn't get resolved until ebay/ppal get involved or seller becomes a nightmare, I would leave a neg.

Thank you! I was on hold for about 30 minutes! Finally got though to someone.

They've opened a claim and hopefully will get refunded after 2 weeks. I have to admit I was pretty grumpy being on the phone all morning, between the credit card, paypal and ebay I must have been on hold for over an hour and on the phone for 2!! Plus it was extra confusing as I had unknowingly checked out using my husbands paypal account and couldn't find the transaction for a while. Luckily PayPal tracked down what had happened.

I haven't left any feedback yet. Now I'm just relieved it's being sorted out.

It was very stressful, but I do know it's part of ebay as well...I'm just a bit upset that the seller didn't take any responsibility at all and left it all on me to sort out.

The case is now opened with PayPal.

Absolute nightmare! Please keep us posted and good luck with this. An experience like this will put you off eBay :sad:

I'm from Australia too and haven't had an issues (knock on wood) .. Your story scares me a bit though, I've always just taken it for granted that transactions will go smoothly.

I hope you get your money back. I reckon you will..once you do, leave negative feedback

Haha, thanks Lurvebag, I appreciate your posts. it's funny how we find all the Australians when the people in the US are asleep!!

I have to admit it is making me a bit more gun shy about international transactions. Locally in Australia it's always very simple and straight forward, plus communication is better because we are on the same time zone and there's the familiarity when you see the state it's being sent from. Not to mention it only takes a couple days to send and there's no customs duty!! In Australia I've had flawless transactions with people with 10-20 feedback.

However I'm currently 3/3 for international transactions! One seller cancelled the transaction because the auction didn't end up high enough, one I couldn't pay for some reason which I started a new thread about, and this one where the item didn't arrive.

I think I know why people in the US concentrate so much on feedback and sellers history, it's seems they need to filter more sellers. It's teaching me a lot!

PayPal are actually pretty good once you get through to them.

I'm confident I'll get the refund. However I do think as well, feedback reflecting this transaction is deserved as it wasn't fun following up constantly, but I don't want to ding someone unnecessarily.

His feedback is okay, but he does have items that they don't send sometimes as they sell it elsewhere.

He did have a tracking number, but it only updated for two days, and then nothing for three weeks, there was nothing after the second day.

So you think he should refund me directly now?

What do you mean by, "he had a tracking number but it only updated for two days"? What were the updates and where was it trackable through?

What do you mean by, "he had a tracking number but it only updated for two days"? What were the updates and where was it trackable through?
I understand he was using the ebay shipping program. So I paid on the 9th of July, he sent it on the 10th of July, on the 11th it arrived somewhere in the US, presumably a central hub and since then no more updates.

I rang Australia Post - they were unable to find the number. I rang ebay, and ebay said the item looks like it is still in the US. Ebay then contacted him to follow up.

Then he emailed me and told me 'ebay lost it, open a claim'.

This is all the tracking I have:
The delivery bar has been 'in transit' for nearly three weeks.

Arrived at US shipping Center
Jul-11-14, 23:30 PM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Arrival at Post Office
Jul-11-14, 17:59 PM, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

In Transit-Depart USPS Sort Facility
Jul-11-14, 07:02 AM, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

In Transit-Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
Jul-10-14, 22:33 PM, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

In Transit-Acceptance
Jul-10-14, 12:35 PM, PORTAGE, IN 46368

This is all the tracking I have:
The delivery bar has been 'in transit' for nearly three weeks.

Arrived at US shipping Center
Jul-11-14, 23:30 PM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Arrival at Post Office
Jul-11-14, 17:59 PM, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

In Transit-Depart USPS Sort Facility
Jul-11-14, 07:02 AM, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

In Transit-Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
Jul-10-14, 22:33 PM, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

In Transit-Acceptance
Jul-10-14, 12:35 PM, PORTAGE, IN 46368

This seems to be the Ebay Global Shipping program. Your seller is right that it is not his responsibility. You would need to get in touch with someone from Ebay's Global Shipping department. It's amazing that you called Ebay and they told you to contact the seller. Just the usual incompetent customer service.

The seller could also have explained to you how the program works. It makes me so angry when sellers use the program so they can ship internationally worry free, but don't have the decency of communicating to their buyers the exact details.

I think there should be another tracking number assigned to the courier after it departs the global shipping center, but in your case I am not sure that it even left Erlanger.

Unfortunately I don't use this program so I don't know how to file a claim, or get in touch with someone from Global Shipping. Hopefully someone will come with more information.

Oooh well I can see why the seller has told you to file a claim. Because as far as he's concerned once it reaches the Global Shipping warehouse it's their responsibility.

I had a problem where my item arrived damaged. I reported this to the seller and she basically said it left her hands in good condition so the Global Shipping warehouse must have damaged it when re-packing. Same thing, she basically said 'file a claim'

I filed a claim and got my money back pretty quickly. PayPal put me through to the Global Shipping contact who helped me through the process.

I think you'll be right 😊