What feedback would you leave for seller who backs out?

sunny07

O.G.
Sep 13, 2007
I'm very disappointed at the moment. I finally purchased a HG bag, and paid yesterday. I was waiting all day today to hear from the seller that she sent the bag. I just got a message from her saying that she couldn't part with her bag and she is so sorry, she feels terrible, etc. Yes, she gave me a full refund. I think this is a bit ridiculous, and I believe she backed out because she found out that the bag she was selling was very much in demand. I'll be really upset if she tries to sell again for a higher price, as she already got a good price for it from me. In any case, my question is, what type of feedback should I leave her? I feel bad leaving negative feedback, as she was a nice person (besides the going-back-on-her-word part) but at the same time, I feel like I should do something. Should I leave neutral feedback? What should I comment? Feedback would be helpful. TIA!

Unfortunately, whatever feedback you leave her, no matter how honest or deserved, is what she will leave you in return (at least until the new rules for feedback kick in). So if you can stand a neutral in return, do as you conscience dictates. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother leaving any.

^^ugh, good point. I was worried about that too. Retaliatory feedback. I guess it wouldn't be worth it if that was the case. So frustrating! Any other input out there?

Wait a bit, see if she relist, then you know she lied to you. Or wait until the new rules kick, don;t know if they will apply based on transaction date or just the date they set.

Hppe you find your HG bag again at a better price!
CHeers,

Sorry for your loss but if I were in your shoes I wouldn't bother. At least she had the conscience to refund you. She has to pay seller fees regardless, so she's more at a loss than you are. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find what you're looking for, just takes time.

Wait 'til the May feedback rule on ebay kicks in. That way you can leave the feedback you wish & she won't be able to try any feedback retaliation. :idea:

^^ what are the new May feedback rules?? i just had a buyer that i refunded instead of shipped the item because she was totally harassing me about not shipping her item immediately and it had only been a couple of days!!

anyway, don't mean to hijack this thread - my vote is to give no feedback btw - i'm just curious about the new feedback rule. thanks :flowers:

Well I would leave her a negative and say "I won, I paid, and then seller backed out of the deal." Yes she will probably leave you a neg back, but you can explain that there too. . She probably wants to sell it for more than you paid or has a private buyer who offered more for it off ebay.
Maybe I am being an aggressive jerk here??????? Perhaps no feedback is the right way to handle it.

This happened to me FOUR times ! I won and paid right away each time, all 4 Sellers backed out, one refunded with NO explanation, One said her dog got to it, but relisted Twice and did sell it. Another claimed some unknown mystery substance spilled on, (Dog and spill ladies never sent pics of 'damage' that I requested.) One other had religous ! reasons to refuse sale - WT__ ?? - never did get to the bottom of that! I tried to get eBay's help each time but too bad so sad nothing they could do. To top it off, all four sent unpaid notices asking me to agree so they could recover fees. BUT I won and I paid ! grrrrrr... DISagreed. no strike.(What a dumb system that is, always blaming the buyer)
Sometimes negative feedback is earned and deserved. We need to know who the flakes are and honest feedback is how we know. She was nice, but do you want others to have that kind of experience ?
She broke a contract. At the very least, you could explain in a neutral feedback so others are aware of her commitment level and dependability.

Hmmm, everyone has different opinions- so interesting. Actually, I'm really curious about the new feedback rules as well!! I figured I was just a newbie and wasn't up to date yet. Any enlightenment would be great! (no worries about hijacking nicole!)

As for feedback...still debating. I'm planning on letting her sweat it out until tomorrow when I'll respond to her email with a stern lecture- haha. I mean, give me a break- she's an adult and she should know how to honor a contract. If I do leave feedback, I'm definitely going to wait until May...but I guess I need to figure out what those new rules even are!!

mmmsc, I don't think you're being a jerk- you're just much less afraid of retaliation than I am!!!

Stormy heart- FOUR times!!! ARGH! That stinks! Right now, I'm more disapopinted than anything, and annoyed. But if the seller relists the item, I'll be pissed!!! Or if she's selling to a private buyer...GRRRR.

^^ what are the new May feedback rules?? i just had a buyer that i refunded instead of shipped the item because she was totally harassing me about not shipping her item immediately and it had only been a couple of days!!

anyway, don't mean to hijack this thread - my vote is to give no feedback btw - i'm just curious about the new feedback rule. thanks :flowers:

yeah i'm wondering what the new rule is too

I never got the message/email from ebay. Part of me likes this rule as a buyer coz once a seller took 1 month to send the item without communicating with me at all so I had to leave her a neutral to warn the others. She neg'd me right back saying "you should get over it"... Sometimes I feel like the sellers hold their FB power so the buyers are too scared to be honest.