What Fashion "Rules" Do You Obey ?

as far as accepted "rules" no hose with open toed shoes. no white at weddings. show off boobs, body or legs but never all three. my belt and shoes must match and i prefer my bag to be either a bright color or match as well. underwear should never ever show...even bra straps with tanks or thong tops when you bend over. ew. i don't usually wear white in the winter...but i don't wear it in the summer either. :smile: i personally have a rule that if it fits, is comfy, and flatters buy 5 of them. i also wait for a trend to be around at least a year before i give into it. it's turned into a semi classic by that point imho.

Hmmm....I don't show any cleavage at work, don't let my pant hem drag along the floor - or get too close, don't mix shades of khaki or shades of denim (the 'denim princess look'), agree with the poster who avoids clique combos: yellow/black, orange/black, etc.

Stay completely away from: tapered legs, visible elastic waists, shoulder pads, high waists, bold stripes, colored leggings/tights, clothing attachements like pom poms or fringe. Basically stay away from the 80s. :amazed:

I am not really a fashion type person as I dress very classic and am not into trends.

Things I do --> I don't mix denims (jacket w/pants). I try to dress for my body shape and what works for me. I'm another no hose EVER with any open toed shoe. No panty lines or hanging bra straps or bras showing through white blouses. I hate bra cup lines showing through blouses/sweaters, one of my big peeves! So I choose bra according to what top I'm wearing.

I don't know if I have any...I'm just happy when my clothes fit! When they fit, they look good :smile: Oh well, I guess I do have some rules that I abide by (most of which doesn't look good on me, and therefore I avoid them):
- no socks/hose with open toe, peep toe shoes, or sandals
- No white top on white pants, especially if it's a white cotton t-shirt top with scoop neck;
- No jean jacket with jeans;
- run away from hose of any kind (just don't like them);
- No bright orange and green colors on me, top or bottom;
- No horizontal stripe top paired with a vertical pin-stripe bottom anything (and vice versa);
- No animal prints; and
- No bright red lipsticks and nail polish

I think that's it for now.

For religious reason's i dress in a modest fashion that doesn't place my body on display.

But the thing about other people is as other's said about clothing that fit's or doesn't but also is flattering without showing people what you have for sale.

Perja said:
My only fashion rule: Don't look like a cheap ho.
Other than that, anything goes (except for ultra formal occasions like funerals)

hahaha, yes!!! my thoughts exactly :lol:

I don't have any rules, but I think I have bi-polar disorder for clothes or something... :wacko: I love designer things like juicy/seven/citizens/r&r and preppy clothes like hco/af but I also love forever21/boho/hippie/vintage! urgh, I need to choose just one. lol.

oh i forgot one...white socks with black shoes!! i work at a place where black pants and black shoes are part of the uniform...you'd be surprised how many people wear white socks! it drives me NUTS.