What Fashion "Rules" Do You Obey ?

Hmm...I think the only rule that I actually follow is not wearing bright "happy" close at funerals. LOL. Other than that, I like to do my own thing even if it "violates" a rule. :P

recently...i have noticed that people have been pairing brown tops with black pants or vice versa...that is really a pet peeve of mine...im also very conservative when it comes to funeral dress...other than that...nothing else comes to mind

LV_addict said:
I ONLY wear what looks good/suits ME! I don't care if something is in style: if it doesn't look good on me, I wouldn't wear it!:nuts:
Agreed!!! Wearing clothes that fit you properly and flatter your body type will go a lot further than wearing a 'trend', just for the sake of wearing a 'trend'.

Oh, and please... NO white nylons w/ black pumps!!! :amazed: :biggrin:

I actually like some shades of brown with black...so I'm definitely not holding up that rule:smile: For some reason, the no white pants or shoes in the winter rule has stuck with me...but I definitely start wearing them before memorial day -- it's been in the 70's here and nice and sunny, so I've broken out the white!

I just wear whatever I thinks is pretty and suits my face type and body shape (:. If it's super gorgeous looking online or on another person and looks bad on me... no way.

lilskydiver said:
Agreed!!! Wearing clothes that fit you properly and flatter your body type will go a lot further than wearing a 'trend', just for the sake of wearing a 'trend'.

Oh, and please... NO white nylons w/ black pumps!!! :amazed: :biggrin:

Or. Black nylons and White pumps ~~~` one ends up looking like Minnie Mouse. :shame:

My only fashion rule: Don't look like a cheap ho.
Other than that, anything goes (except for ultra formal occasions like funerals)