What factors attract you to a particular brand?

phamtl

Apr 6, 2008
Hi, I am working on a Project about Luxury brands but I have to say: I know very little about them, which is mostly due to limited resources or Budget Constraints T__T; the last item I bought was a Gucci purse, impulsively of course. Skimming through a few threads here, I find quite a number of members who overwhelm me with their knowledge and insights about this industry. Therefore, I am sure you guys will be kind enough to help me out by spending a few minutes answering my question below.
I identify that the main attractions of all designer brands are quality, design, image, the store's architecture, customer services, and lastly and paradoxically price, which reflects the exclusivity of the items for sale. Could you please rank the most important factors till the last ? Thank you so much.

I will be the first:yahoo:. 1 Image 2 Quality 3 Design 4 The store's architecture 5 Customer services 6 Price.

Hi, I am working on a Project about Luxury brands but I have to say: I know very little about them, which is mostly due to limited resources or Budget Constraints T__T; the last item I bought was a Gucci purse, impulsively of course. Skimming through a few threads here, I find quite a number of members who overwhelm me with their knowledge and insights about this industry. Therefore, I am sure you guys will be kind enough to help me out by spending a few minutes answering my question below.
I identify that the main attractions of all designer brands are quality, design, image, the store's architecture, customer services, and lastly and paradoxically price, which reflects the exclusivity of the items for sale. Could you please rank the most important factors till the last ? Thank you so much.

I will be the first:yahoo:. 1 Image 2 Quality 3 Design 4 The store's architecture 5 Customer services 6 Price.

quality i dont buy luxury because of the actual brand itself that is to say you wont find me buying a bag just because its fendi or balenciaga so i usually buy all leather under the radar pieces that way i feel that the luxury stands its ground its for me to enjoy and live my life with i hate logo mania and the price is justifyed to me by the quality so there you go hope it helps birkel

1. Quality
2. After-market Service (can I bring my bag back 20 years from now?)
3. Design
4. Customer service (how easy was it to work with the company)

There are a lot of similar designs out there - the Trim and the Jackie... ect. And a lot of buildings look like a lot of other buildings. And if you are spending for quality, you can't buy into the image - it gets to be far too pricy.

1. Design & Innovation
2. Quality & Craftsmanship
3. Customer Service
4. History behind the brand
5. Presentation of store
6. Exclusivity
7. Expected lifetime of bag

Practicality, not so sure about, since many non-designer bags are extremely practical as well, and some bags that I covet are impractical :biggrin:

BTW I love Gucci and other brands too. No impulse buys for me across the board - I would carefully consider a bag that cost $15 and judge it by the same criteria as above.

in addition: the the store's architecture is by the by to me - does not come into it.

The price matters but only in view of policy. I don't like trickster price policies and I see too many of those across all brands. If I think a brand is playing games with their prices it puts me off. The price should be reflected in the bag in question.

Ok. For me it's:
1. Quality. Is it well-made, going to hold up, last me a very long time, etc.?
2. Design (including practicality)
3. Customer service, both before and after purchase. If there's a problem with the bag, will they repair it? Will they charge me if it's a design flaw vs. normal wear and tear (which I would pay for)? Is the service when I buy helpful, no matter how long I may waffle over my decision? Am I going to feel like a valued customer, even in a crowded store? I may lust after a brand's bags, but an awful experience is going to tarnish them for me. Probably for a very long time. It's part of why I'm falling out with LV at the moment.
4. Price
5. Image - there are some bags that, even if they're the most well-made, helpful brand ever, I'm probably still going to avoid.

1. Design & Innovation
2. Quality & Craftsmanship
3. Customer Service
4. History behind the brand
5. Presentation of store
6. Exclusivity
7. Expected lifetime of bag

Practicality, not so sure about, since many non-designer bags are extremely practical as well, and some bags that I covet are impractical :biggrin:

That's very true too. My most fab bag is completley impractical :biggrin:

But

Most of the conjecture about bags on this forum (besides supply and demand) is to with fitting the practical needs of each person.

Even talk of different leathers etc is to do with practicality.

It's also the most prominent reason that most people re-sell their bags.

One glorious totally impractical bag is enough for me!

1.Quality
2.Design
3.Customer service

This is it for me. Sure, it's nice to own something from a renowned designer, but to me, it all relates to the fact that a renowned designer has become such because of the quality of their products and/or their design value. Customer service is also a relevant factor when it comes to rating a brand/company, and this goes both for the luxury goods market and for any other market.

Image is relevant since it reflects all of the above. In any marketing course you study the damages done to their brands by designers who put their names on toilet furniture and similar products completely unrelated to the company's core business area in the 80s, so I'd list coherency among the factors. (One of the first things to do while estabilishing a business is to identify the market, study the target and stick to it)
But perhaps it's inherent to the whole 'image' concept. HTH

1. design
2. quality
3. customer service

all three are very close though.. I may be a bag that I am in LOVE with even if it's not that great of quality -- so long as there's a good return policy...