What exactly is crunch leather?

Peeking_Around

Live, Love, Laugh
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Just curious on what it is - I've had various leather bags - but none of them are called crunch leather. I have never seen a Tano in person before so my thoughts are .. leather that's crunchy? It's soft, right? More textured than lambskin, I'm sure.

Here is a description from another thread by Tano Expert who describes it the best:

"Crunch leather is Tano's core leather, and its extremely popular. Its lightweight, yet very durable. Its an Italian calfskin that is tanned with two layers of natural transparent dyes. (Transparent dyes are used so that the natural characteristics of the leather are not obscured- so dont be surprised if you see a few natural flaws on the skin. Thats normal.) The first color is a neutral tan sort of color, then the top color is what you see. As the bag wears, the top color will gradually fade a bit and loose some of its shine. The bottom color will start to show through a bit, lending a cool, vintage sort of look. The leather is easy to care for, and it gets smooshier the more you use it."

Last edited: