What else to get?

T
First off: I've read multiple stories here of people who keep spending and spending and passing 1:1 (non-leather) and their SA just keeps telling them to spend so I'd be very careful about actually "clicking" with the SA and not getting strung along. You sound like you've been smart with your purchases, buying things you really want, but if you're racing for a quota bag now to the point of looking for ideas, I'd evaluate my relationship with my SA as well.

Too bad they're stopping tableware - maybe you can look at what they have left right now at least?

From what I hear, read-to-wear seems to do the trick quickly but I find it hard to find more than 1 item a season I'd actually want from their RTW, even ignoring the price.

All that said, some ideas:
- Beach towels and swimsuits - hard to use this year, but beautiful nonetheless
- Their office accessories are a hit or miss for me, but worth a glance if you get to browse in-store. I love decorating my small wfh office, maybe you do too
- Petit H - again, browsing helps a lot here, especially with the uncertainty of colors, but I've been surprised multiple times by some of their offerings. Despite the name, the tags are usually not "petite" lol
- Are they stopping only tableware, or all small home items? Because there's definitely money to be spent in the Home section (and they love it when you do), but I'm not a fan of their "objects". 1000 wooden box? No, thank you. But I do enjoy their trays, cases, etc. This set here is 2k for example, or this nice jewelry tray is 710. They add up pretty easily

Thank you! This is so helpful!

Hi, I am based in Asia and recommend the homewares, rtw, jewellery and scarves in terms of contribution. But I agree with the earlier posts, only buy what you love but consider Hermes where you may not have previously. For example I love my Avalon blankets almost nine years after buying them. If your store doesn’t have tableware or something you love, ask if it can be ordered. Most people build homeware collections piece by piece. But if it is buying for the sake of buying, I would consider resale as you will get exactly what you want, when you want it, without the financial uncertainty of knowing the final ‘true’ cost. Good luck, and enjoy the journey, that’s the main thing we should be happy not just relieved to finally get a dream bag!

Thank you!
I do love their homewares as well and would love to start collecting them. Thank you for your suggestion! and yes, I am enjoying my journey. A quota bag is a goal but not the only goal. :smile:

I'm really shocked that in other parts of the world, I'm in Europe, SAs ask you to spend a lot of money on other stuff before you can waitlist for a K or a B. It's a disgraceful practice and shouldn't be allowed:cursing:. Sorry for my rant.....

I have a Cape Cod watch and love it to bits. As others have said cashmere shawls are lovely too and pricy. I personally don't like their ready to wear so it would not be an option for me, but if you like it go for it.

I'm really shocked that in other parts of the world, I'm in Europe, SAs ask you to spend a lot of money on other stuff before you can waitlist for a K or a B. It's a disgraceful practice and shouldn't be allowed:cursing:. Sorry for my rant.....

I have a Cape Cod watch and love it to bits. As others have said cashmere shawls are lovely too and pricy. I personally don't like their ready to wear so it would not be an option for me, but if you like it go for it.

Thank you for your reply! I think the demand for a quota bag (BKC) is just too high so they have to "balance" it off by having clients buy other products. Their other items are truly a work of art though, I don't mind buying them. Some of the people I know have wallets in multiple colors because they just don't know what else to get and that's when I think it gets a little too crazy.

That aside, I have been eyeing the Cape Cod. Went into the store today but they only had the Feu strap and a dark blue. Decided to wait on the other straps as I have too many Hermes blues. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: duna
If possible, you should spend time there to get a feel for what you like. I started shopping at H 23 years ago with scarves - which I still love and buy - but just last week I purchased my first piece of porcelain. There are lots of great options in RTW and shoes. I’m sorry to hear your boutique wont be carrying housewares because there are so many nice things, from candles to blankets to towels.

Here’s my first H porcelain purchase - it’s a very large mug. What’s nice is that purchasing these things slowly gives me lots of excuses to keep visiting the boutique while slowly building a little collection :love:

Attachments

• 2EC51706-0525-4D8F-BB8D-48B61B951077.jpeg
    2EC51706-0525-4D8F-BB8D-48B61B951077.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 31
  • FE2B5528-AACA-45E1-B735-AB367549FE35.jpeg
    FE2B5528-AACA-45E1-B735-AB367549FE35.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 2F7B005B-E655-4CD7-92EB-97E6C850457F.jpeg
    2F7B005B-E655-4CD7-92EB-97E6C850457F.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 32
If possible, you should spend time there to get a feel for what you like. I started shopping at H 23 years ago with scarves - which I still love and buy - but just last week I purchased my first piece of porcelain. There are lots of great options in RTW and shoes. I’m sorry to hear your boutique wont be carrying housewares because there are so many nice things, from candles to blankets to towels.

Here’s my first H porcelain purchase - it’s a very large mug. What’s nice is that purchasing these things slowly gives me lots of excuses to keep visiting the boutique while slowly building a little collection :love:

Hello! Wow I read so many of your blog posts on Hermes. Thank you for your suggestions.
My boutique does carry blankets and towels but no tablewares (apologies if I didn't make that clear at the beginning). I have been wanting to get some but was told they stopped carrying any.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! And pretty mug!

I'm of the mindset that I would not want to be spending on categories that are of no interest to me.
If you don't like H clothes or accessories or their home category, don't feel obligated to make an unwanted purchase
that may not get you closer to your goal of your dream bag.
I'd explore the secondary market without any reservation

Last edited:

This is a really pretty mug! I love the last photo - is it sitting on the edge of a chair or fence? Haha.

Same for me I’m only just beginning to explore porcelain. But I’m just 6 years in my H journey.