What does this mean?

GenieBottle26

"Odi et Amo"
Sep 18, 2011
Ok ladies, I have a question! Sorry, I'm still somewhat of an H newbie at the boutiques. I was at at an H on vacation and met a SA whom I just LOVED! She was so unbelievable sweet. I went there two days in a row, shopped quite a bit, and I mentioned a specific B that I was looking for. She said they didn't have it in the boutique at that time so she took out a sheet of paper and asked me my top three color choices, sizes, and leathers. Then I filled out all my info and she signed her name to the paper. I know this isn't considered a special order so what is it? And does this mean that I'll def get a call about one of the B's I picked? Thanks ladies. :smile:

I would assume you were put on a waiting list. I could very well be wrong, but thats what happened to me....Its funny though, because there is apparently long waiting list for belts at my local boutique, Ive gotten two belt kits from Dec. to now and I wear the most popular sizes which is apparently 90 and 95. Go figure.

I would assume you were put on a waiting list. I could very well be wrong, but thats what happened to me....Its funny though, because there is apparently long waiting list for belts at my local boutique, Ive gotten two belt kits from Dec. to now and I wear the most popular sizes which is apparently 90 and 95. Go figure.
Ah so the waiting list huh? I thought those supposedly didn't exist anymore?!

Ok ladies, I have a question! Sorry, I'm still somewhat of an H newbie at the boutiques. I was at at an H on vacation and met a SA whom I just LOVED! She was so unbelievable sweet. I went there two days in a row, shopped quite a bit, and I mentioned a specific B that I was looking for. She said they didn't have it in the boutique at that time so she took out a sheet of paper and asked me my top three color choices, sizes, and leathers. Then I filled out all my info and she signed her name to the paper. I know this isn't considered a special order so what is it? And does this mean that I'll def get a call about one of the B's I picked? Thanks ladies. :smile:
sometimes they will just write down what you want so they can keep you in mind when they get stuff in. sometimes it works! I got a 40B this way. Complete surprise :smile:

Unfortunately it was not a SO for you. She just took the details down so if anything matches your requirements comes in, and there isn't anybody in front of you with the same requirements, they will give you a call. Good luck!

how far away is the store from you? keep in mind if she ever did call you for one of those bags, you would probably have less than 24 hours to come in and buy it, as another SA would get to offer it the next day. something to keep in mind!

Sometimes it helps to just call/ visit a few times a week. I've found that some SA either give the wrong information or aren't fully aware of what's in the store. I was on the phone with them about 7 times on Tues. First time I called I accidentally got hung up on. 2nd time I was told there's a gray/(???) and a red/chocolate belt kit both in either size I required. Now I've been holdin out for a white 42mm strap, but that red sounded too good to be true. I told the SA that I would think about it and call back. I did fail to get her name which was completely my fault. 3rd call I got a different SA and was told that she hadn't the red/choc colour combo but would give me a call back after she checks....an hour goes by...and nothing. 4th time I call and the SA tells me there are NO belt kits in my sizes at all and they would maybe get some the next day. 5th time I call JUUUST to make sure the previous SAs weren't givin me wrong information. I was told again they didn't have any in my size. No more than 10mins later the SA that originally told me about the kits in my size called and said they in fact DO have the red/choc kit. Got down to my Boutique in about 30mins speedin through the 5pm traffic and got myself another belt....moral of the story? Some SA just give different/ wrong information to others. I just consider myself lucky to be able to have 2 belts (1 buckle, 2 straps), and not have to go thru some of the things I've heard about like LOOOOONG waiting lists and such.

Also keep in mind for my first belt kit I actually got an SA to hold 2 kits for me until the next day, since I wouldn't be able to make it in that particular day. Got in the next day and was able to not only see which belt looked the best, but also got to try both on to see which one fit the best because I can wear either a size 90 or 95.

Congratulations on your belt!

I do think that Lamborghini Girl is correct though - generally bags (especially birkins) are held for only very short periods. My husband had to travel to my regular boutique to pick mine up - and my SA of years was willing to hold it for longer, which I believe is an anomaly.

Just food for thought!

Sometimes it helps to just call/ visit a few times a week. I've found that some SA either give the wrong information or aren't fully aware of what's in the store. I was on the phone with them about 7 times on Tues. First time I called I accidentally got hung up on. 2nd time I was told there's a gray/(???) and a red/chocolate belt kit both in either size I required. Now I've been holdin out for a white 42mm strap, but that red sounded too good to be true. I told the SA that I would think about it and call back. I did fail to get her name which was completely my fault. 3rd call I got a different SA and was told that she hadn't the red/choc colour combo but would give me a call back after she checks....an hour goes by...and nothing. 4th time I call and the SA tells me there are NO belt kits in my sizes at all and they would maybe get some the next day. 5th time I call JUUUST to make sure the previous SAs weren't givin me wrong information. I was told again they didn't have any in my size. No more than 10mins later the SA that originally told me about the kits in my size called and said they in fact DO have the red/choc kit. Got down to my Boutique in about 30mins speedin through the 5pm traffic and got myself another belt....moral of the story? Some SA just give different/ wrong information to others. I just consider myself lucky to be able to have 2 belts (1 buckle, 2 straps), and not have to go thru some of the things I've heard about like LOOOOONG waiting lists and such.

Also keep in mind for my first belt kit I actually got an SA to hold 2 kits for me until the next day, since I wouldn't be able to make it in that particular day. Got in the next day and was able to not only see which belt looked the best, but also got to try both on to see which one fit the best because I can wear either a size 90 or 95.

how far away is the store from you? keep in mind if she ever did call you for one of those bags, you would probably have less than 24 hours to come in and buy it, as another SA would get to offer it the next day. something to keep in mind!
The H store in my state in 5.5 hours away-the H in FL is about 5 hours. I did tell her that I would come back to pick up the bag (& take another mini vacation :smile: if she found the specific B I was looking for. This is only the 2nd H store I've visited but I so much preferred it to the one in my state! I've been looking for this specific color for several months now & am having no luck in the boutiques. If I went the re-seller route I would end up paying around $23K! Don't think so!

Congrats on your belt!! Unfortunately I can't visit a few times a week as I live at least 5 hours away from an H store :tdown:

Yeah I guess that there poses the problem. Im lucky to have one within 10 mins of me....actually the only 3 things keepin me in this area are the Tysons Galleria mall (which has ALMOST every major high end designer boutique in it), the Hermes store, and the Koreans (I love the culture, people, etc.). Anyway Ide just call periodically. 5 hour drives are not where its at. I know you'll eventually get what you want. Good luck.

Yeah I guess that there poses the problem. Im lucky to have one within 10 mins of me....actually the only 3 things keepin me in this area are the Tysons Galleria mall (which has ALMOST every major high end designer boutique in it), the Hermes store, and the Koreans (I love the culture, people, etc.). Anyway Ide just call periodically. 5 hour drives are not where its at. I know you'll eventually get what you want. Good luck.

Agh! Ur so lucky to live within 10 min of an H! So calling periodically doesn't irritate the SA's?