What does the group this about this belt?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. It's non-adjustable.

It's 80cm - that's about 31.5" - so natural waist size for a trim person.

Price is always what you are prepared/can afford to pay. If you you really want it and it will fit, why not? But you can by new H belts for around the same so it's a question of style pref.

2. The price sounds great! Hermes belts at the boutique go for way more, usually $1,000+. So, it seems like a fair deal for a used item. It looks adjustable to me.

Hope this helps. You can always contact Portero to find out for certain if it is an easily adjustable piece.:smile:

3. Ignore my comment - You definitely know your Hermes belts. So, it's not adjustable, and the price is the same. Thank you! I learned something too :noggin:

4. #5 Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    This belt is adjustable. The strap with the Hermes-Paris imprinted on it, is adjustable with 3 holes on the flip side of belt, by fixing it on a stud.

I believe this style is no longer being produced. This belt is probably from the late 80s to early 90s.

ETA, I have seen this style of belt sold at a lower price. But again, I have to say this style is rare to come by. So, it's how much you want it.

5. I bow in turn to your greater knowledge ms piggy :salute:. I was told this style of belt was non-adjustable by someone who should know better :-s.

6. this is a lovely belt.

i think anytime you see this type of lock on any H item, there is a premium to be paid for the design.

perhaps you can compare the pricing to the pricing of new belts in your local H store (or hermes.com website) and then determine how much of a premium you are willing to pay for this discontinued but rare style!

good luck!