What does the “db” engraving mean?

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hi!

So I just purchased the 4 diamond love bracelet and just noticed this inside, don’t have that on my plain one. Does anyone know what it means?

I am trying to contact the boutique but still could not reach them.

Thank you in advance!

FE5E8868-E193-4DAD-84C9-D6CB2CA15812.jpeg

According to Cartier customer service when I asked about the variations, each Cartier workshop around the globe will have their own hallmark. This is in addition to whatever the country of sale insists upon (e.g. the eagle in France).

Reactions: XCCX
According to Cartier customer service when I asked about the variations, each Cartier workshop around the globe will have their own hallmark. This is in addition to whatever the country of sale insists upon (e.g. the eagle in France).

Thank you so much for the amazing information!!!

The eagle's head hallmark is commonly seen on French made items of gold since 1838. It represents an item that has tested to be constructed of a minimum 18k or 750/1000 parts gold. The letters “db” appear to be the maker’s mark which is different. It may be present on jewelry regardless of the gold content.