What does the creed number really mean?

The first set of numbers/letters before the hyphen tells you the month it was made, the year it was made and the plant code (I think). The second set of numbers is the style number which will be the same on all bags of the same style.

For example, take a legacy bag with the creed number F063-10328.

The F tells you the month it was made which was June. Each letter corresponds with a month with the exception of I.

A-Jan
B-Feb
C-Mar
D-Apr
E-May
F-Jun
G-Jul
H-Aug
J-Sept
K-Oct
L-Nov
M-Dec

Coach started using numbers in the creed to tell the year starting in 1994. This bag was made in 2006.

1994-4
1995-5
1996-6
2003-3
2004-04
2005-05
2006-06 and so on

The last number after the 06 is 3 which I read was a plant code of some sort. I'm not positive about that one.

The second set of numbers after the hyphen is the style numbers. All bags of the same style has that style number. Keep in mind different sized bags of the same style will have different style numbers.

Other misc info:
-If you see a 'F' before the style number but after the hyphen (like F11111) it means it was made for Factory, or an item made for the outlet. If you see a P after the style number (11111P) it means it was a pilot item.

Guide to creed markings and/or stamps: (copied and pasted from greenpixie's post in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-re...-questions-faq-and-reference-info-158400.html )

bullet/target sign/bullseye = outlet
X - discount store
M - Macy's
N - Nordstroms
FS - final sale (voids warranty)
ES - employee sale/ sold to a Coach employee at a discount (seems to also void warranty)

I'm sure that's clear as mud, lol! I don't know much about codes before 1994 and even some codes after 1994 are confusing. But that is the basic formula. Hyacinth, DemRam and BeenBurned are great resources for the more confusing ones. :smile: