What does "smell of material" means?

deacc

ninja mode
O.G.
Jan 20, 2013
Hello fellow TPF members,

I am looking in the pre-loved market for a epi speedy. In the odor description, often I see smell of material. What does that mean exactly? The bags I have been looking at are over 10 years old, so it can't be "new leather smell".

Puzzled ...

I've never purchased a pre loved bag, but I have LVs ranging from 14 yrs old to 2. And they definitely have a smell of some sort. Not a bad smell, but just probably the smell of the canvas and leather. If you stick your head in your bag, you'll smell that smell most likely.

It means that the item still retains the beautiful smell of Canvas&Leather. I purchased a MC Rift made about 10 years ago and it had that listed in Odors. And when I opened up the parcel, Yep! for sure still maintains the Gorgeous Canvas&Leather smell! :cloud9:

Thank you for posting this! I got an older speedy (97!) and there was an odor, not a bad odor but a leathery smell. I honestly I didn't know if it was normal! This makes me feel better :smile:

It means that the item still retains the beautiful smell of Canvas&Leather. I purchased a MC Rift made about 10 years ago and it had that listed in Odors. And when I opened up the parcel, Yep! for sure still maintains the Gorgeous Canvas&Leather smell! :cloud9:

yes!!! i bought a LV from a japan seller a few months ago and i was amazed at the age - made in 2001 - it still had that smell of new canvas and leather!! i could not stop sniffing it!:graucho:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

yes!!! i bought a LV from a japan seller a few months ago and i was amazed at the age - made in 2001 - it still had that smell of new canvas and leather!! i could not stop sniffing it!:graucho:

LOL! Me too! :woot: I love my Louis Vuitton Shower...:blush: That's what my BFF's say whenever I go into a LV Store. "Going to have your LV shower"?Yep! I come out smelling of Canvas&Leather! :cloud9:

LOL! Me too! :woot: I love my Louis Vuitton Shower...:blush: That's what my BFF's say whenever I go into a LV Store. "Going to have your LV shower"?Yep! I come out smelling of Canvas&Leather! :cloud9:

:roflmfao::tup:

Eau de Toilette of Canvas and Leather!!!

i remember when i bought a bag a couple of years ago - after unboxing and then sniffing it i put it in the closet. my DH came home hours later and said "where is it?" i had no idea what he was talking about ! he said "i know you had a new bag delivered today because i can smell it coming down the hall!":graucho:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I wondered this too so I'm glad you asked. I've looked at bags from Asian countries and thought it probably meant they just had the smell of canvas and leather but wasn't totally sure. Good to know it's confirmed.

OK ... you now all make me want to go grab my oldest canvas bag and stick my head into it. :roflmfao::lolots:

Oh! you so need too do that! :roflmfao:

Sometimes when I take out my Bags to air, my spare room Smells of LV for Days! :love: ( I walk past and always take a wift!) So much nicer then plain old air freshner.

:roflmfao::tup:

Eau de Toilette of Canvas and Leather!!!

i remember when i bought a bag a couple of years ago - after unboxing and then sniffing it i put it in the closet. my DH came home hours later and said "where is it?" i had no idea what he was talking about ! he said "i know you had a new bag delivered today because i can smell it coming down the hall!":graucho:

:roflmfao::roflmfao: "Busted"!