What does Marc Jacobs do for LV as creative director?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was just wondering when did MJ start working at LV? Which bags did he design? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but does the creative designer personally design all the bags and chooses what goes on sale? Like did MJ design the new artsy bag, or the emille wallet etc? Or does he only do limited editions and collaborations?

thanks for enlightening me!

2. He started in 1997 with LV as their CD. He was already a designer himself with his own line before joining LV. He created their first RTW. I don't think he personally designs every styles as there must be a team of designers that work for LV. Many of the designs he did bring over to LV from his own line. I know of only 2 off hand: manhattan & hudson

I heard that the pushlock was MJ's idea.

3. ohh thanks mimster! i was wondering why the manhattan is curiously similar to a this marc jacobs bag that I see a lot.

4. I really like the look of the manhattan but decided to buy the Blake from his own collection instead.

I think the rivet line was also his idea.

5. I recommend the documentary "Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton" and you can see what does MJ actually does for LV and his own brand

6. ohh there is a documentary? that is awesome, thanks mario! where can i find it?

7. Its an excellent dvd, I can watch it over and over.. and I have haha

8. Talking about Marc. I am surprised that we didn't discuss his uber hot spouse, Lorenzo Martone! O la la!!

9. I saw him in The Rachel Zoe Project hahaha he's so cute :P