what does currently out of stock online actually mean?

Feb 17, 2006
I know it sounds obvious but does 'currently out of stock online' mean it will or may be restocked or is it a polite way of saying 'sorry completely sold out never to be restocked'?

I'm interested in the SC clutch. I see its instock in the US but I'm in the UK.

Sorry for the daft question but I'm too impatient to wait and call them tomorrow when they open! :P

Phanatical

O.G.
Mar 7, 2010
South Philadelphia, PA
I find that usually it means it's just temporarily out. Once over the summer almost my whole wish list was out & it was basic items like a Neverfull, wallet, longtime bag charm, etc & they all came back in stock. I think that's the case for most permanent items!

Now LE items it probably does mean gone but I don't want to scare you as I very possibly could be wrong!

Feb 17, 2006
I find that usually it means it's just temporarily out. Once over the summer almost my whole wish list was out & it was basic items like a Neverfull, wallet, longtime bag charm, etc & they all came back in stock. I think that's the case for most permanent items!

Now LE items it probably does mean gone but I don't want to scare you as I very possibly could be wrong!
Is the SC clutch LE? Im not even sure.

Thanks for the reply btw :smile:

Phanatical

O.G.
Mar 7, 2010
South Philadelphia, PA
I'm not positive - I'm not totally familiar with the SC items - so I don't want to give you the wrong answer! But I really hope it comes back in stock for you! I know how disappointing it is when it says "currently out of stock"!

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
I think it means that there are no items available for sale at that particular moment in time. But I remember when I was trying to buy both my pomme zippy and pomme zcp and they were almost always out of stock Nov/Dec 2010 during the shortage--but sometimes the status would change right after refreshing the web page! I kept refreshing and finally one would be available--so I'd purchase it and then check the status and it would be OOS again!!! I think LV also "controls" the availability too so the market is not over-saturated.

Feb 17, 2006
I think it means that there are no items available for sale at that particular moment in time. But I remember when I was trying to buy both my pomme zippy and pomme zcp and they were almost always out of stock Nov/Dec 2010 during the shortage--but sometimes the status would change right after refreshing the web page! I kept refreshing and finally one would be available--so I'd purchase it and then check the status and it would be OOS again!!! I think LV also "controls" the availability too so the market is not over-saturated.
oooo thanks that sounds promising, I shall try some refreshing tomorrow!