What does BV Stingray feel like?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think I saw a discussion a while back, but don't remember feeling like I got a handle on it. I've only seen one non-label stingray bag before at a shop in D.C. It was very structured and felt very plasticy. At about 20 bucks, I was tempted to buy it because it was unusual, but I couldn't stand how it felt.

But BV makes stingray bags and I cannot imagine it would feel like the one I saw. There's one at TRR right now (silver). Because it is BV, I want to know that it is soft and squishy and delicious; that I would want to fondle it if I were carrying it. But because it is stingray, I cannot imaging it would feel like that--all soft and chewy.

What gives? Who can describe it? I'm dying to know, but clearly not curious enough to buy one to satisfy my curiosity.

2. BV stingray is a very durable leather. It is not soft and shmooshy like nappa. I have the small sting ray cross body with a chain in Byzantine. Its a very structured bag. My bag is about about 3 years old and has not softened. I’ll try to locate a photo although it won’t really help with the feel of the bag. I saw a black bag like mine on the RealReal. It was sold.

katgoldatx likes this.
  3. I have a stingray knot with silver/hematite embellishments.
    Its a structured material, durable as Mousse mentions & will not soften over time, IMO

katgoldatx and Mousse like this.